Talk

Advanced search

Radio 2 British Folk Awards

(10 Posts)
BigGayDad Fri 18-Feb-05 23:19:34

Just watched these on BBC4. Some of the countries greatest performers both honoured and performing at a wonderful event....

...but if ever Trinny and Susannah were needed it was here!!

sallystrawberry Fri 18-Feb-05 23:28:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BigGayDad Fri 18-Feb-05 23:33:45

Oysterband Big Session - Best Group
Lifetime achievement awards - Steeleye Span and Tom Paxton
Martin Carthy won a couple, and Karine Polwart won loads

sallystrawberry Fri 18-Feb-05 23:34:20

sallystrawberry Fri 18-Feb-05 23:35:10

BigGayDad Fri 18-Feb-05 23:38:29

That website is good as I missed the first part of the show and didn't know that some peolpe I really like (Bellowhead, Whapweasel and Kathryn Tickell) had won awards.

Make sure I see the Oyster Band at least once a year, for the past 14 years, magnificent live experience shared by young and old, as I'm sure you'll agree.

phatcat Fri 18-Feb-05 23:54:13

lol BGD - June Tabor had on MC Hammer's pants! I must get the Karine Polwart album, thought she was fab (I love the Malnky album 3 Ravens which is where I had heard of her from).

BigGayDad Fri 18-Feb-05 23:58:16

Didn't realise Karine Polwart was in Malinky. Saw them recently, they were good. The solo album sounds like a must have too.

Mrs BGD went to bed going "What is she wearing" after seeing Maddy Prior with Steeleye Span!

amynnixmum Sat 19-Feb-05 00:00:14

OMG Steeleye span. My mum and dad used to have their stuff and i grew up on it.

phatcat Sat 19-Feb-05 00:02:31

Mr phatcat kept muttering 'put 'em away love' when Maddy was swirling her skirts around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now