Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WHY is Eastenders so violent these days?

(29 Posts)
Alambil Thu 28-Aug-08 19:39:56

WTF is wrong with the writers?

Are they some sort of wanna-be thugs and this is their release?!

It's stupid. I know there's violence in the world, but do we REALLY need it in our soaps too? Isn't watching the news bad enough?

It made me feel ill just now so I've turned over; I am really annoyed.

It never used to be this bad did it? Even when Dirty Den etc were around? Or Phil and Grant...

angry

PuppyMonkey Thu 28-Aug-08 19:41:08

It's really shit at the moment isn't it? I hate this storyline...

scorpio1 Thu 28-Aug-08 19:41:08

do you know, i was just thinking this. its not very nice, and everyone is so stressed/upset al lthe time.

NoMoreOlympics Thu 28-Aug-08 19:42:40

Violent and crap.

I hate it.

I have exercised my use of the off button.

Is it meant to reflect real life? If so, Gawd help us.

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:05:47

oh my god, did you see the end??!!!

Alambil Thu 28-Aug-08 20:20:01

No - I turned over when Billy was in the shower and Jay rang Honey.

Moomin Thu 28-Aug-08 20:22:37

i stopped watching stenders quite some time ago for just this reason. wots happened now?

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:25:11

OMG!!!
Jase is dead. (Sorry to anyone who was watching on BBC3 tonight or omnibus).

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:28:39

I know I am sad (in a geeky way, not in an upset way!), but I quite 'liked' Jase for eye candy factor!
I hadn't even read it in any magazine, I didn't see that one coming!

Hulababy Thu 28-Aug-08 20:29:41

EE has gradually got more and more violent ver past few years. I hate it. I turn off.

Lazarou Thu 28-Aug-08 20:30:26

The producers heads are so far up their own arses they can not see how ridiculous the show actually is.
What the bloody hell has Dawn got to do with Shirley? And why was she wearing her wedding dress? Also, you would have thought that someone would have rung dawn to say 'your husband to be is in hospital' and what was with all that floaty dreamyland 'ooh I'm all dead now' bit with jason and Jay.
Shite

I will still watch it though

Moomin Thu 28-Aug-08 20:30:29

it was on the front of all the tv mags this week anyway: "Wedding Day murder!" etc. so not exactly a secret!

Fimbo Thu 28-Aug-08 20:31:13

Likesleep where have you been, its been all over the papers/mags for weeks! shock. Garry has to break the news to Dawn (i.e. is this the cue for them to finally get together?)

Moomin Thu 28-Aug-08 20:39:37

It's fallen into the Brookside/Emmerdale trap of having regular wedding day massacres, shootings, tragic deaths, blah de blah. It's lazy writing and even the most die-hard fans will vote with their remotes at some point.

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:42:24

REALLY!!??? I have been ill this week and so have been in the house quite a bit. I was looking at mags last week though and didn't see it.
Note to self: keep abreast of 'topical affairs' grin

PS I love it!
PPS no-one phoned Dawn as she lost her phone down the loo!

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:44:02

I'd better get the Kleenex out for tomorrow night! Eastenders and eviction night of BB, brilliant!
(Yes it does sound so sad when written down)

Fimbo Thu 28-Aug-08 20:46:51

I am watching tonight's at 10, so excuse me if this was already in the episode but Dawn decides not to turn up in her wedding dress and wears something else.

Eddas Thu 28-Aug-08 21:03:46

i thought it was all a bit too much for 7.30

I'm not sure why I still watch the soaps. I think I must be addictedblushgrin

caspercat Thu 28-Aug-08 22:21:10

And anyone know where Dawn's daughter, Summer, has been put for the night???

nappyaddict Fri 29-Aug-08 21:50:21

i assumed micky was looking after her or something. i did feel it was a bit odd no one had rung her to say he was in hospital. also when shirley said there was a commotion outside how did she not think hang on that's dawns flat! it did make me feel a bit ill cos i kept waiting for them to stab him and batter him to pieces but luckily we didn't see any of that.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 29-Aug-08 21:57:38

None of the babies get looked after properly imo grin Baby William appeared tonight - he is very large for his age imo. How old is he supposed to be? Less than a year I think but he looked almost double that.

I agree it is getting more violent. The writers seem intent on having at least one "gangster" storyline every few months.

nappyaddict Fri 29-Aug-08 21:59:20

He is 10 months nearly. Why does him being large mean he isn't looked after?

onepieceoflollipop Fri 29-Aug-08 22:06:25

No no I didn't mean those 2 statements to be connected in any way. Him being large was a separate observation. Summer is a lot older than him (I think) yet a lot smaller. I am sure it is to do with the availability of baby actors for filming etc.

When I said about them not being "looked after" I meant that there are frequently times when various babies are all "with Pat" or "with Dot" - both of whom work practically full time as well. They also have very very long naps imo!

It's not real though, I know. grin.

bundle Fri 29-Aug-08 22:07:07

haven't watched Stnders in ages

maybe this is why...

onepieceoflollipop Fri 29-Aug-08 22:10:43

Also re William I didn't mean large as in overweight. (just read my first post and it didn't convey what I meant)

It was just a remark that he is about 10 months old but they seem to have cast a much older toddler to play the part.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now