Talk

Advanced search

"come dine with me" - finally, I recognise one of the participants

(40 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 11:34:11

Knew it would happen one day!

TwoIfBySea Thu 28-Aug-08 12:49:01

You can't just leave a message like that...

WHO? And what are they really like?

Nosy Curious people need to know!

VinegarTits Thu 28-Aug-08 12:51:27

com'on spill, and were they a hideously bad cook like most of them on it?

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 13:25:16

The blonde woman, don't know her well, haven't seen her for a few years and she's never cooked for me. Think she's cooking tonight.

Jbck Thu 28-Aug-08 14:24:12

ooooh [knowing look] her. grin

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 15:48:10

do you know her too then Jbck?

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 22:31:48

anyone see today's episode?

Jbck Thu 28-Aug-08 22:43:26

No lilolil don't know her but a couple of them seem to dislike her. I have only seen yesterday's & today's episodes cos I didn't realise they were new ones, so didn't know why they weren't keen. Was very surprised she got such a high score today.

She had a lovely house but her lounge was rather cluttered and I agreed with Carlos, not that it's got anything to do with her cooking.

Do you think she'll win?

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 22:46:57

yes, I was surprised she got such high scores given that they were all being a bit mean about her. I hope she wins, obviously, but think the last guy might be quite good. Very envy at the size of the house and loved the kitchen. Very strange seeing people/greengrocers/fishmongers you know on a programme like that!

oi Thu 28-Aug-08 22:48:09

oh god how I miss shit tv since I've been working

have there been any more stitch ups

Fimbo Thu 28-Aug-08 22:50:19

My mum said she watched an epsiode this week, where a diner turned up early at the host house and the woman opened the door and told her she couldn't come in until 7.30 and shut the door in the other person's face.

oi Thu 28-Aug-08 22:51:07

lol, fabulous

I love the nosing round other people's houses bit

MascaraOHara Thu 28-Aug-08 22:51:10

did you see the picture called 'forbidden fruit' one of the guys said is it a kebab.. it was obviouls a picture of a womans open vagina.. quite surprised they happily showed in on day tiem tv

Jbck Thu 28-Aug-08 23:17:44

MOH I think he meant kebab as in slang for vagina as immortalised by Jade Goody in BB3 altho' turned out she meant her belly or something. He knew perfectly well what it was. I quite liked that painting.

Lilolil she doesn't seem the artistic type maybe she just doesn't come across very well, I think he'll have to be amazing to beat her. I'm sure you can go on the Ch4 site & it tells you who wins with all the recipes, I was going to go look at her cous cous recipe till the tomato puree.

Oi how dare you lump CDWM in with shit telly, next you'll be comparing The Wright Stuff with Jeremy kyle grin

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 23:30:32

she is (or was when I knew her) very confident with a tendency to be opinionated, but also very nice and good fun. I think they've been a bit harsh on her but I suppose we only see the edited bits don't we.

thornrose Thu 28-Aug-08 23:33:22

When is it on? I saw the first one with Carlos and haven't seen any more. Can't believe I've missed it, I unashamedly love it!

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 23:39:31

5:30 Channel 4 but I watch in on Catch up on demand cos not home at 5:30

MascaraOHara Fri 29-Aug-08 08:27:11

D'oh, course he did.. it was the nightclub guy too wasn't it <retch> @ that term, do people actually use it?

I probably should admit I have come dine with me on series link should I(?) in my defence dd (6) also loves it too, we watch it together when we get home followed by masterchef lol.. we like food grin

AbbaFan Fri 29-Aug-08 08:43:47

I LOVE this show, it's got everything I love about TV:

1. Cooking
2. Looking at peoples house's
3. People

The woman that cooked the mousakka this week - OMG could that have gone any worse!!!! I couldn't believe she served it in that burned bowl, the others faces were a classic.

MascaraOHara Fri 29-Aug-08 08:44:44

do you think she ever washes her hair?

AbbaFan Fri 29-Aug-08 08:45:37

I was wondering that too grin

hehe. I have CDWM on series link too!!

Jbck Sat 30-Aug-08 19:54:25

Watched it today, was surprised he scored so highly when the night must have been soooo uncomfortable, even tho' it wasn't the host's fault.

His house was stunning & very tardis like.

lilolilmanchester Sat 30-Aug-08 23:52:32

I think he deserved to win tho, and am sure everyone knew it wasn't his fault that people got upset. Am thinking what I will say when I next bump into the person I know on there! (or her DH, who I see more often)

MascaraOHara Tue 02-Sep-08 07:26:13

are we talking about this weeks too? poor OCD woman but imagine going to a dinner party and the food being shours late shock

I didn't like the host actually but did keep telling myself she had a disorder and to cut her some slack.. kept going on about what a mess the place was when it clearly wasn't lol.. seemed desperate for reassurance.. I imagine she is one of the people who is together on the outside but an emotional wreck on the inside lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now