Talk

Advanced search

Richard Bacon on the Wright Stuff....?

(9 Posts)
ILikeYourSleeves Mon 25-Aug-08 10:24:24

I'm just watching this just now, does anyone else think he looks totally stoned / bored / pissed off / very grey / old?

Jbck Mon 25-Aug-08 10:38:00

I thought it must be 'casual' Monday then wondered if he thought he had the Bank Holiday off & came in late. Bring back Matthew!

TwoIfBySea Mon 25-Aug-08 20:50:56

I think that is just his style. He isn't too bad as stand-in but Matthew is taking an awfully long holiday, the programme is usually off during the summer.

But I prefered Amy's stand-in to her, much clearer speaker, so hopefully it is a long holiday for her.

wintera Mon 25-Aug-08 21:13:44

I actually quite like him as the stand in. He was giving Carole Malone a really hard time the other day, as she was talking her usual twaddle. After seeing that, I took to him immediately!! grin

moosmummy Tue 26-Aug-08 12:01:29

I agree, i can't bear Carole Malone and her sweeping statements and he didn't let her get away with any of them! He was really good at challenging her and questioning her reason to say the things she was saying - fantastic!

He's not quite so biased as Matthew either, who appears to cut anyone off who doesn't agree with him!

nailpolish Tue 26-Aug-08 12:02:38

i saw him in a cafe in edinburgh the other week
he wqas
very orange
very spotty
very up his own arse
very tall

LucyJones Tue 26-Aug-08 12:03:39

I like him too
I thought it's strange Matthew Wright isn't there but he's been presenting The One Show in the evenings on BBC1 while the other guy was doing the Olympics - so Channel 5 let himnot do his show to moonlight for another channel... wierd!

nailpolish Tue 26-Aug-08 12:06:51

he is preferable to matthew wright - definitey

Jbck Tue 26-Aug-08 13:28:55

By nailpolish on Tue 26-Aug-08 12:02:38
i saw him in a cafe in edinburgh the other week
he wqas
very orange
very spotty
very up his own arse
very tall

By nailpolish on Tue 26-Aug-08 12:06:51
he is preferable to matthew wright - definitey

I'd hate to see Matthew in the flesh if you prefer Richard. grin

I've quite liked him too actually but not seen the show very often over the school holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now