Talk

Advanced search

come dine with me

(22 Posts)
Theresa Mon 18-Aug-08 17:14:24

just having 15 mins to myself as the rain has stoped and the kids are palying out and stumbled on this whihc i've not seen before. Brill mix of people and fantastic pudding, whihc was prob quite nice for kids but on a cookery programme?? (ice cream out of a tub, covered in crushed maltesers, then a dollop of 'squirty cream' a bit of flake and strawberry coulis made with watered down strawberry jam!! Brilliant, am now hooked and have set sky + to record for rest of week!

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 18-Aug-08 17:15:39

oh I love this - always watch the omnibus of it on More4 on a Sunday,so haven't seen today's yet !!

TwoIfBySea Mon 18-Aug-08 17:35:48

Oh it gets better Theresa, just wait until snooty-witch's night (Pippa her name is if I remember correctly!)

InTheseShoes Mon 18-Aug-08 18:15:33

You have just found television's equivalent of the Holy Grail! I feel jealous that you've got hours and hours of enjoyment in front of you! We are on our third viewing of almost every episode now, and it's waning a little - enjoyed views one and two hugely though! We V+ it on a Sunday and watch in one go - glorious!!!

DelGirl Mon 18-Aug-08 18:22:28

thats one of my fave weeks with the horrid Pippa. There's another one where a sloane ranger type gives really low marks so she can win. Such bitches. I had a letter from the programme inviting me on but I didn't. Having seen the week which was from my town, I was quite pleased I didn't as i'm not sure I would've got on with any of them. Fab programme.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 18-Aug-08 18:51:03

how exciting delgirl ! what would you have cooked ?

ShowOfHands Mon 18-Aug-08 18:55:24

Did you see Howard last night with his name-dropping and his 'note my knife, it's made by Porsche'. <<punch>>

Such good viewing Come Dine With Me.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 18-Aug-08 18:57:08

his knife was a Porsche - I missed that ! his panna cotta looked lovely though. Saddo that I am,I googled the vet - his house was lovely.

Indith Mon 18-Aug-08 19:05:17

You sure it wasn't my BIL SOH? He has a knife made by porsche, gets far too excited about it. Luckily his dp is a nurse grin

Love it though. The ice cream today was classic.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 24-Aug-08 17:02:40

anyone watching the More4 omnibus right now ? - with the giggling woman and the not very nice Simone ??

Bumperlicious Sun 24-Aug-08 17:13:19

I have really got into this and record it on my BT Vision. God that Pippa was awful, she is so rude! Wait till you see her night!

Feenie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:16:12

That vet was my Mum's (dog's!) vet! She reckons he is lovely, but I thought he was a bit of a knob on the programme.

Bumperlicious Sun 24-Aug-08 17:18:12

Oooh, they must be older one's on More 4 haven't seen these - thanks for the tip!

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 24-Aug-08 17:39:49

yes,these seem to be old ones !

octavia Sun 24-Aug-08 20:26:34

New series starts tomorrow! I love this and would love to take part!

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 24-Aug-08 20:49:38

Oh I love this, it's so awful, and the people are so funny and usually drunk! I spend most of it laughing in disbelief grin

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 24-Aug-08 20:51:29

My favourite was the guy who was running for local government or something like that, who made a pudding of bananas, tinned oranges and squirty cream and then tried to pass it off as an experiment in "budget shopping"!! grin

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 24-Aug-08 20:51:56

ooooooh I meant grin

ChukkyPig Sun 24-Aug-08 21:01:25

This is the best program ever! They changed the format though I preferred it before - it used to have 5 people and be on every day mon-fri with one dinner party each night. It was wonderful!

Mine Sun 24-Aug-08 21:42:16

New series.... when, what tine, what channel??????????????

I love that programme, no.. i'm addicted to it blush

octavia Sun 24-Aug-08 22:05:28

starts tomorrow channel4 5.30pm its on all week

Mine Sun 24-Aug-08 22:13:47

marvelous!! Thanks, i shall Sky + right now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now