Talk

Advanced search

No wonder DH and I are having problems........

(8 Posts)
Toothache Tue 15-Feb-05 08:10:38

..... Our Sky TV broke on the 31st January. Engineer took 8 DAYS to get to us. 3 hrs after he left it broke again.... 7 days later he's coming around today to fix it.... AGAIN!

We have had NO TV.... and I mean NONE, not even terrestial channels coz our aerial cable was trimmed back when the carpet was fitted ages ago. We can't get a watchable picture with a portable.

F*cking SKY!! All we are getting is a poxy refund of our subscription from Jan 31st! What about compensation for pain and suffering???

Ds has been a nightmare. We've had to join a video club. Should I sue?

DaddyCool Tue 15-Feb-05 12:56:43

this would kill us Tooth. Sky are a bunch of theiving buggers but we quite simply can't live without them. there is nothing you can do on this. they're stubborn.

Rhubarb Tue 15-Feb-05 13:18:58

Try watching nothing but French telly to get a picture of what a real nightmare is like! Then they have the gall to charge you for watching crap that you cannot even understand! Thank God for DVDs!

Toothache Tue 15-Feb-05 13:21:05

Here here!! Thank the LORRRD for DVD's!

Incidentally, DH phoned, the Sky man has been around again and it's fixed...... for now!

Miaou Tue 15-Feb-05 13:37:45

erm... we haven't had tv since we moved in two weeks ago. And we won't be getting it until the nice man comes from Sky to realign the dish...on 30th March!

Hence why I am on here so much....!

Toothache Tue 15-Feb-05 13:46:36

30th of MARCH!!!

THey tried to fob me off with a date like that. I found out that I could have cable installed quicker (more expensive, but didn't tell them that!), I told the Sky adviser to put me through to someone who could cancel my Sky subscription. He put me through to what I now call the "Pacifier Dept". They rearranged my appointment for 8 days from then and apologised for the inconvenience.

Miaou Tue 15-Feb-05 13:53:12

Unfortunately Toothache, I live in the Highlands, and they only send one engineer up here once a week, and since the storm about 3 weeks ago there is a huge backlog of dishes that need realigning, so we have joined the back of the queue!

We didn't have a TV for two years when we were first married (too busy doing other things) and tbh although i miss it a bit when I am really tired, we just read more (and talk to each other!). Dds aren't big into tv either. We have spent rather a lot on dvds recently though!

almost40 Tue 15-Feb-05 13:57:27

A good chance to rediscover the joys of reading

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now