Talk

Advanced search

Holby City - a couple of questions

(40 Posts)
JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 15:51:30

Watched it this Tuesday and have a couple of questions as haven't seen it for a while.

1. Why can't Faye (Patsy Kensit) have any more children?

2. Who is the father of Daisha's baby? DH and I were trying to work out if it is Mark!! shock

TIA

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 14-Aug-08 15:54:48

while we're on the subject.....why does Mr Spence wear such tight shirts? And those godawful ties? I swear his shirts are held in at the back with pins, they're so figure hugging.

Yeuch.

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 15:57:03

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Thu 14-Aug-08 16:04:21

1. Don't know, but assume it's because her son's disorder is genetic/there's a high risk that any other children would have the same problems (& yes, riven, I've thought it's an odd storyline -excuse my ignorance, but do those sorts of institutions even exist nowadays? It all seems terribly Victorian)
2. Not Mark - she had an ex she hitched up with a while back didn't she?

JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 16:05:13

Ah ok.

Can't think which one is Mr Spence? (thick emoticon)

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:06:11

Message withdrawn

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:06:49

And when's that gorgeous priest coming back?

JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 16:08:23

Ah thanks.

Why is Mark being so nice to Daisha then? Does he have a 'thing' for her, or is he being paternal towards her? He's way too old for her...

Bronze Thu 14-Aug-08 16:08:42

DH got a bit freaked out by the trailor.

Poledra Thu 14-Aug-08 16:10:56

Maybe he sees Daisha as a replacement for his daughter Chrissie. I hope so, as he is waaaay too old for her!

Jac is recovering from her injuries. She was working an episode or 2 back, but was on crutches.

Re Faye not having more children - would you really want Joseph to breed more emotionally-repressed individuals like him??

JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 16:11:33

LOL - he's a bit of a drip isn't he? Is she only with him cos of his money?

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:12:34

Does anyone else remember the priest? He's appeared a couple of times.

funnypeculiar Thu 14-Aug-08 16:15:18

georgeous priest, spidermama <ponders> Nope, remind us...

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:17:36

He wsa around when that young woman had stimata. Then I'm sure I saw him at least one more time.

Gorgeous he is.

Blu Thu 14-Aug-08 16:23:33

And why do so few patients - or staff - have Bristol accents?

Peachy Thu 14-Aug-08 16:27:57

Because no programme can do the Brizle accent, its always pitched anywhere between Midlands and Cornwall. See Casulaty. My friend's late dad was in casualty as a regular extra and was told hs accent was perfect. Same accent as me- Yokel Somerset hmm.

Why is Faye with Jospeh? Did nobody see him with hsi top off? Blimey!

Actually though I rather like Joseph but would run a mile as almost married similarly repressed chap and it's far too much like hard work long term.

Twiglett Thu 14-Aug-08 16:31:30

I thought Joseph was spectrummy with OCD wasn't he?

becklespeckle Thu 14-Aug-08 16:31:51

Wasn't the priest in it a few weeks ago with an older lady - she was doing all the work for the church although it turned out he was just pushing her to make her take time for herself.

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:33:14

Oh no. I missed him.

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:35:24

Message withdrawn

Peachy Thu 14-Aug-08 16:35:30

Twig- he is a bit, yes, but they seem to have changed the character a bit of late

WaS it the priest who tried to get Jac to go to one of his groups, you know the episode where she sort of 'changed'

Poledra Thu 14-Aug-08 16:37:50

Oh yes Twig - I had completely forgotten that. It was threatening his career as a surgeon at one point, wasn't it?

Twiglett Thu 14-Aug-08 16:38:01

have they? that's a shame (haven't been watching for a while)... I was always kind of pleased to see someone in a good job, building relationships who was clearly not NT

Missed last two episodes sad Dont watch that much but have a sick obsession with HC. My dh hates it, but every now and then he will sit and watch it and moan how bad it is, or how sick I am for watching it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now