Talk

Advanced search

Holby City - a couple of questions

(40 Posts)
JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 15:51:30

Watched it this Tuesday and have a couple of questions as haven't seen it for a while.

1. Why can't Faye (Patsy Kensit) have any more children?

2. Who is the father of Daisha's baby? DH and I were trying to work out if it is Mark!! shock

TIA

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 14-Aug-08 15:54:48

while we're on the subject.....why does Mr Spence wear such tight shirts? And those godawful ties? I swear his shirts are held in at the back with pins, they're so figure hugging.

Yeuch.

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 15:57:03

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Thu 14-Aug-08 16:04:21

1. Don't know, but assume it's because her son's disorder is genetic/there's a high risk that any other children would have the same problems (& yes, riven, I've thought it's an odd storyline -excuse my ignorance, but do those sorts of institutions even exist nowadays? It all seems terribly Victorian)
2. Not Mark - she had an ex she hitched up with a while back didn't she?

JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 16:05:13

Ah ok.

Can't think which one is Mr Spence? (thick emoticon)

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:06:11

Message withdrawn

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:06:49

And when's that gorgeous priest coming back?

JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 16:08:23

Ah thanks.

Why is Mark being so nice to Daisha then? Does he have a 'thing' for her, or is he being paternal towards her? He's way too old for her...

Bronze Thu 14-Aug-08 16:08:42

DH got a bit freaked out by the trailor.

Poledra Thu 14-Aug-08 16:10:56

Maybe he sees Daisha as a replacement for his daughter Chrissie. I hope so, as he is waaaay too old for her!

Jac is recovering from her injuries. She was working an episode or 2 back, but was on crutches.

Re Faye not having more children - would you really want Joseph to breed more emotionally-repressed individuals like him??

JonesTheSteam Thu 14-Aug-08 16:11:33

LOL - he's a bit of a drip isn't he? Is she only with him cos of his money?

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:12:34

Does anyone else remember the priest? He's appeared a couple of times.

funnypeculiar Thu 14-Aug-08 16:15:18

georgeous priest, spidermama <ponders> Nope, remind us...

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:17:36

He wsa around when that young woman had stimata. Then I'm sure I saw him at least one more time.

Gorgeous he is.

Blu Thu 14-Aug-08 16:23:33

And why do so few patients - or staff - have Bristol accents?

Peachy Thu 14-Aug-08 16:27:57

Because no programme can do the Brizle accent, its always pitched anywhere between Midlands and Cornwall. See Casulaty. My friend's late dad was in casualty as a regular extra and was told hs accent was perfect. Same accent as me- Yokel Somerset hmm.

Why is Faye with Jospeh? Did nobody see him with hsi top off? Blimey!

Actually though I rather like Joseph but would run a mile as almost married similarly repressed chap and it's far too much like hard work long term.

Twiglett Thu 14-Aug-08 16:31:30

I thought Joseph was spectrummy with OCD wasn't he?

becklespeckle Thu 14-Aug-08 16:31:51

Wasn't the priest in it a few weeks ago with an older lady - she was doing all the work for the church although it turned out he was just pushing her to make her take time for herself.

Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:33:14

Oh no. I missed him.

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:35:24

Message withdrawn

Peachy Thu 14-Aug-08 16:35:30

Twig- he is a bit, yes, but they seem to have changed the character a bit of late

no1putsbabyinthecorner Thu 14-Aug-08 16:37:21

WaS it the priest who tried to get Jac to go to one of his groups, you know the episode where she sort of 'changed'

Poledra Thu 14-Aug-08 16:37:50

Oh yes Twig - I had completely forgotten that. It was threatening his career as a surgeon at one point, wasn't it?

Twiglett Thu 14-Aug-08 16:38:01

have they? that's a shame (haven't been watching for a while)... I was always kind of pleased to see someone in a good job, building relationships who was clearly not NT

no1putsbabyinthecorner Thu 14-Aug-08 16:38:53

Missed last two episodes sad Dont watch that much but have a sick obsession with HC. My dh hates it, but every now and then he will sit and watch it and moan how bad it is, or how sick I am for watching it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: