Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

maestro.......

(157 Posts)
flirtygerty Wed 13-Aug-08 08:22:49

anyone else watch it? thought it was quite good though a bit long.Also wish they had done more explaining for us unmusical types. Bradley Walsh makes me want to heave, so does Katie dereham - surely no-one can be that 'sweet' for real?!

Bellie Wed 13-Aug-08 09:04:20

I loved it too - although agree with your points about the explaining as I am reasonbly musical and spent a lot of time explaining to my dh some of the stuff that was going on.

Absolutely agree about Katie Dereham - bleurgh. Wanted her to go on the basis that she was sickly rather than Peter Snow who really didn't get what he was doing!

Tommy Wed 13-Aug-08 09:06:41

Peter Snow was brilliant entertainment though wasn't he? - bless grin

Goldie was pretty amazing and Jane was good but very stern

Agree with flirtygerty re Bradley and Katie. I can't wait for next week!

moyasmum Wed 13-Aug-08 09:26:16

Dds love sue Perkins!

We all sat on the sofa , conduction away.

hannahsaunt Wed 13-Aug-08 11:05:20

Dh and I watched this with my dad last night, completely by accident. We're all musical and have played in orchestras and absolutely loved it grin. We were doubled over at times esp at Peter Snow and absolutely loved Goldie - would love to hear his piece again. Katie Dereham and Jane Asher just a bit too twee atm but we'll see...

blowsy Wed 13-Aug-08 12:15:43

I LOVED this! Have sky+ it and am tempted to force the dcs to watch it so I can see it again.

Agree re Katie Derham - her smile is nauseating.

Seeline Wed 13-Aug-08 12:18:06

PPopular in our house too - apart from Katie of course. One of the funniest things on all week - we were literally crying at Peter Snow and Alex James.

iMum Wed 13-Aug-08 12:25:11

Oh the naughty thoughts I used to have about Alex James when I was younger!

MrsJohnCusack Wed 13-Aug-08 12:38:14

apparently they were practising on my old orchestra in London

MrsJohnCusack Wed 13-Aug-08 12:38:15

apparently they were practising on my old orchestra in London

squeaver Fri 15-Aug-08 12:40:58

Just caught this last night on BBC4. Don't know much about classical music but I thought it was fab. The BBC does this sort of thing so well, imo.

iMum - I had a few naughty thoughts about Alex James myself just last night when watching!

Also agree with Katie Derham - she's smiling but her eyes aren't.

And, bloody hell, I hope I look like Jane Asher when I get to her age.

asicsgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 11:35:29

it's on again tonight hee hee grin

agree re katie derham - blardy over achievers

sue perkins is one of my favourite people, i wish she was on the telly more. that thing with her and mel giedroyc always cracked me up.

naughty thoughts about alex james? really?? hmm

was it just me who felt a bit sorry for peter snow? i know he's brilliant at the old "oh, don't mind me, i'm just a bumbling old fool" thing but with people like that it's quite hard to know if you have really hurt their feelings (my stepdad is similar). his mentor was p*ssing herself laughing at his performance. i thought that was cruel angry

it's david soul i can't stand though!!!!! all that calfornian hair and false modesty. what a twit.

only nine and a half hours to wait... grin

blowsy Tue 19-Aug-08 11:39:39

Glad I'm not the only one counting down the hours! I loved this last week.
We have a crush on Alex James in this house, dh is reading his autobiography.

southeastastra Tue 19-Aug-08 20:53:16

was great last week, go goldie! grin. at peter snow, he was very entertaining.

PeaMcLean Tue 19-Aug-08 21:20:45

smile

Amazing improvement so far from last week.

Flippin eck though, would rather conduct the Wagner than the simpsons.

turquoise Tue 19-Aug-08 21:26:48

Loving this, but fkn ell Clive Anderson is irritating.

PeaMcLean Tue 19-Aug-08 21:50:44

Bump.

Better than talking about vaginal herpes.

(that'll confuse 'em tomorrow...)

wessexgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 21:57:05

Please vote Bradley Walsh off. What a tool.

wessexgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 21:58:23

Noooooo!

wessexgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 21:59:02

Mind you, David Soul just said what a wonderful 'unit of people' he'd worked with, so he's a bit of a tool too, to be fair.

theSuburbanDryad Tue 19-Aug-08 22:06:13

I heart Sue.

I want her to win.

The rest can go shove their conductor's batons up their arses.

Was I the only one who though Jane Asher was dire? What all that nonsense with punching the baton in the air? That's not conducting! That's dancing!!

Spatz Tue 19-Aug-08 22:07:23

sad to see Bradley Walsh go through - he's really arrogant and not very good IMHO

Spatz Tue 19-Aug-08 22:08:22

I also thought JA was terrible - I thought she'd get a real telling off - what do I know?

theSuburbanDryad Tue 19-Aug-08 22:11:37

Spatz - i was surprised that she got as high a mark as she did. maybe there was some kind of secret conductor's code she was transmitting that i wasn't getting? I thought she was shite, anyway.

Bradley Walsh irritating twunt IMO.

PeaMcLean Tue 19-Aug-08 22:13:43

going back to the simpsons again - do you think it was more difficult than the other pieces? I don't think it's a straight four all the way through. I was wondering if they gave Sue Perkins a more difficult piece cos she's got grade 8 piano.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now