Talk

Advanced search

Who's watching Trinny and Susannah? About bloomin' time someone did a show on "plus size" stuff!

(24 Posts)
Alambil Tue 12-Aug-08 21:31:09

anyone?

SesQal Tue 12-Aug-08 21:42:07

Your post made me go and put it on.
Loved the blue empire line dress

Alambil Tue 12-Aug-08 21:46:12

gorgeous, isn't it! Bet it's expensive though lol

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 21:47:42

Iam wacthing...my only criticism is that they all have hugnormous bust. What about those of usin a size 16/18+ and only a B cup???

SesQal Tue 12-Aug-08 21:48:23

I was waiting for them to tell us what shops they were from and prices. The fact that they haven't, makes me tend to agree with you about expense!

Have to confess, I do prefer Gok to T&S though!

ElfOnTheTopShelf Tue 12-Aug-08 21:49:30

taping it. I work with a girl on the show.

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 21:50:45

Oh and what about those of us who are short.

I loved that Empire line dress....but it would be far too long on me.

Alambil Tue 12-Aug-08 21:51:19

oh yes, I prefer Gok too - wonder if he'll get inspired and help too?

I thought it was great when they put the body suits on and actually found out for themselves how difficult shopping is.

I just wish shops wouldn't use hideous spot-lights! I sweat SO much from my condition and it really just makes it so much worse to be trying clothes on and leaving wet marks ... oh well, hardly my fault lol

familiaritybreedscontempt Tue 12-Aug-08 22:03:30

After watching the whole program, I have come to the conclusion that the whole thing was a crock of shite, and that is my honest opinion.

Lilliput Tue 12-Aug-08 22:26:05

I thought that very few of the dresses and outfits actually fitted the women. I could see how the jacket not done up gives the illusion of being smaller but it also looked as though she was squeezing herself into a jacket that just did not fit. It also looked pretty uncomfortable.

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 22:27:47

I am glad I was not the onl;y one that thought that lilliput.

RedHead81 Tue 12-Aug-08 22:29:28

I didn't like the dress with the thick very tight belt - everything seemed to bulge above and below it - ok, so her waist was smaller, i think it just emphasised her bigger bum.
And that "evening dress" was just hideous!

RedHead81 Tue 12-Aug-08 22:30:57

and who wants to wear all in one shorts/knickers that make you sweat??? Bigger people tend to sweat more anyway so more sweat isn't good IMO

Alambil Tue 12-Aug-08 22:33:15

As it went on, the show got worse!!

The bit where they went out and tried to get stuff - good

the clothes at the end - hideous!

familiaritybreedscontempt Tue 12-Aug-08 22:35:39

So I wasn't the only one then?

twinsetandpearls Tue 12-Aug-08 22:35:46

I thought she looked good in the green dress. That pink evening dress was awful as was that animal print coat.

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 22:36:37

I actually liked some of the high street catwoalk stuff....the first stuff which they said was OOK.

I guess we just need more like that.

They are right though...the same outfit cut exactly the same way for a size 10 and a size 20 just doesn't work..it needs subtle alterations.

I didn't get the womans argument that it would need to be a new style. Surely the size 20 is a differn "pattern" anyway cos it is bigger. Surely as well as making the pattern "bigger" they could gradually make the neckline lower etc.

turquoise Tue 12-Aug-08 22:46:34

I thought the clothes looked cheap and nasty (why so much satin fgs!) and that poor woman squeezed into that green monstrosity looked in pain.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Wed 13-Aug-08 07:23:31

the pink satin evening dress was not very nice imvho
I thought that the black dress Vicky wore with the twisted detail at the front was lovely, I'd wear that.
There were some I would wear, and some I wouldn't because they're the type of clothes I avoid on the high street (al la pink evening dress!)

J91978 Thu 14-Aug-08 12:13:42

First of all can I say that the green dress was not uncomfortable!!!! I've a natural 18inch differance between my waist and hip (and yes I know a larger than average backside!!!)You are correct though, the dress looks better without the belt. It actually wasn't supposed to have it, but Trinny insisted on it last minute, much to the dismay of the young designer. I looked in pain because of the stoopid shoes I had on. What they didn't show was the paramedic just out of shot with a pair of flip flops and an ice pack, because I had a badly twisted ankle blush

Going to the top of the thread, most of the clothes we wore were from Debenhams, Monsoon and Evans to show the 'good' on the highstreet. The blue empire line one is a designers at Debenhams and was about £70 (I know because I loved it too and went and brought it!)

Lilliput Thu 14-Aug-08 13:16:43

So what did you think of the whole 'jacket not done up' look?
Were Trinny and Susannah bossy cows or genuinely helpful? They really don't cater for the everyday school run, shopping, housework kind of clothes. This is usually what women really want to change.

J91978 Thu 14-Aug-08 13:44:05

Not a look for me, but I can see how it works. The lady who did wear it was very pleased with it though. Pauline is very slim across her back, whereas I am wide across my shoulders, so I would feel like I was wearing a straight jacket!!

T & S are both bossy and helpful in equal measure, but for me it wasn't really about learning how to dress, more about availibility of the clothes I would like to wear.

I also agree with you that normal everyday clothes would be much more practical for them to feature in the shows.

twinsetandpearls Fri 15-Aug-08 00:09:55

Well I thought you looked lovely, I will check out Monsoon and Debenhams. You have very glossy hair by the way.

SueW Fri 15-Aug-08 08:24:45

The smaller jacket would surely only work for someone who had slim arms in relation to torso - otherwise it would never go on!

I have to laugh at the Littlewoods sponsorship. There's a link from the ITV T&S page to Littlewoods larger size clothing which is a not very wide selection of clothing and includes a selection of marquee tops. Although they look absolutely fine of course, since they are on plus size models who are tall, long limbed and go in and out in all the right places for modelling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now