Talk

Advanced search

Casualty on Saturday.

(10 Posts)
billa Mon 11-Aug-08 19:21:32

Can anyone fill me in on what happened? I was at a cousin's wedding and forgot to sky+ it.

Roskva Tue 12-Aug-08 09:35:39

The court drama continued. The patient's original notes showing that Maggie had not made a mistake turned up, and Zoe got her hands on them. The blonde bitch tried bribing Zoe with a clinical director position; Zoe hesitated but went along with it, and gave her the notes, which she tore up and stuck in the bin outside court. On the witness stand, Charlie accuses the Trust of corporate responsibility for the death, and says that Maggie is being used as a scapegoat. Everyone was called back to Holby for an emergency - the Kosovan who crashed the digger in the quarry. Zoe tried some open heart surgery but failed to revive him, leaving his little girl orphaned. Milos' wife also admitted having been beaten - accuses quarry foreman of rape, so he is carted off by the police.

Back in court, Zoe has a fit of conscience, and accuses the blonde and the other doctor of lying under oath and produces the torn up notes to back up her change of evidence, so Maggie is exonerated.

Shana, who doesn't know that Maggie is exonerated, asks Maggie to take the little girl back relatives in Serbia. The rest of the staff organise an impromptu party, but Maggies announces that she feels she can't stay and the first thing she is going to do is take the little girl home.

It ended with a truly awful scene with Maggie and Charlie on the roof, in which Maggie decines to move in with Charlie and Charlie declines to go travelling with Maggie, and then utters the godawful line "but we'll always have Holby", which had dh and I totally creased up laughing!

whoops Tue 12-Aug-08 09:39:53

I haven't seen it yet but am going to watch it on the i-player

ShinyPinkShoes Tue 12-Aug-08 09:41:57

O and Charlie also proposed to Maggie in court!

Lilymaid Tue 12-Aug-08 09:53:49

And the fact that the orthopaedic consultant has been having an affair with Zoe also comes out in court and the tedious story of the alcoholic, his wife and Abbs continues with Abbs kissing her and being seen ...

Twinkie1 Tue 12-Aug-08 09:59:08

Bleugh - I am watching this tonight on Iplayer whilst doing thr ironing and packing - am I the only person who thinks Charlie needs to get a life and for Maggie's sake one that doesn't include her?

wannaBe Tue 12-Aug-08 10:02:21

and the chief exec woman and simon from the private clinic will now be prosicuted in the criminal courts.

Roskva Tue 12-Aug-08 10:05:37

and when the affair is revealed, his wife flounces out of court in a huff - straight into the arms of her lover hmm

Twinkie1 Tue 12-Aug-08 10:06:21

What the attractive from far away but freaky close up Adam?

Roskva Tue 12-Aug-08 10:09:36

That's the one. Don't know what she sees in him grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: