Talk

Advanced search

TIME WARP WIVES on C4 at 7.30pm

(5 Posts)
jenk1 Fri 08-Aug-08 19:04:21

This looks interesting, there was an article in the DM (sorry) today, cant find it anywhere else so linking to that, but im interested in why these women refuse to be a part of todays society and live their lives in a bygone era.

Wives

TwoIfBySea Fri 08-Aug-08 19:56:06

There is time warp and then there is just ignorance. Saying that she didn't know Tony Blair was PM until recently, does she really think that makes her a time warp wife? Or perhaps show she is a bit fluffy in the brain?

PortAndLemon Fri 08-Aug-08 22:45:24

<notices that none of them has children even though in their mid/late 30s, which isn't terribly "in period">>

LadyOfWaffle Fri 08-Aug-08 23:34:50

Blimey, watched the end - sorry but they are bonkers. I fully understand the values, the decor even the style of dress (although that was really extreme) but they actually seem to think they live in that era and TBH that's scary. I can't imagine the war-time wives enjoyed that period of their lives much with "husbands and brothers away". Odd.

jenk1 Sat 09-Aug-08 11:21:38

i watched this late last night, i found it quite strange tbh.

i said to DH i think something has happened in their lives for them to be like that, and it had to the young girl-she was so traumatised after her parents divorced so she lived like the 40s cos parents wouldnt have got divorced then, it was like she couldnt accept it.

The lady with the red hair came across as quite snobby i thought, thinking that everyone elses living standards werent up to hers, the clip of her shopping i found strange, she seemed scared to be in a supermarket and only did her shopping in pounds and ounces, why didnt she shop online then, she had a laptop.

very strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now