Talk

Advanced search

Come Dine with Me on More4 on Sundays

(13 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Sun 03-Aug-08 20:47:04

sadly I really look forward top this marathon cooking fest...loved it today...anyone else ?

nancy75 Sun 03-Aug-08 20:49:07

the man that made beef wellington should have won, the first woman was rude paying a caterer is cheating!

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 03-Aug-08 20:54:23

yes, it was cheating,the pug was cute though ! The business bloke with beef wellington should have won as you say and I rather like the slightly mad Canadian woman.

nancy75 Sun 03-Aug-08 20:57:34

the pug was cute, but did you notice he was holding the dogs lead while he was eating his dinner - i presume dog was on the other end of it, odd!

lilolilmanchester Sun 03-Aug-08 21:02:11

I saw it all apart from the last woman cos we were eating - what happened??

nancy75 Sun 03-Aug-08 21:03:02

1st woman and man with pug/waitress/cook came joint 1st

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 03-Aug-08 21:34:31

the pug was his baby

unknownrebelbang Mon 04-Aug-08 00:34:19

I laughed when 1st woman re-marked and gave 4th bloke an extra point, thereby halving her winnings.

My lads said it wasn't fair competition.

I missed a bit - what was the last woman's food like?

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 04-Aug-08 07:51:39

I missed much of her round as I'd run out of energy by the final day - she made roast lamb I think and 2 very nice looking puddings, a cheesecake & pavlova...I think I concentrate more on ther kitchens and general decor (pug man's house being the nicest this week)

chutneymary Mon 04-Aug-08 08:03:48

LOVE this programme! Whilst I look forward to a good snoop round their houses, I do think it is slightly odd behaviour at a dinner party.

Canadian woman looked good fun, but hmm at the burlesque dancer/ stripper.

Businessman's nose rightly out of joint IMO. I think saying "well, I did the flowers" is a bit much. He'd taken a day off work to make it all (as I would have to if doing that sort of cooking. People who come round here get fish pie and a Nigella pudding cooked whilst Cbeebies is on).

Last woman's lamb looked a bit overdone. First woman had good salad. Kensington man had a very nice house though - what was his job? Not sure either about having a dog at the table - if I had pets I'd shut them away in case someone didn't like them.

They quite often show this on CH4 in August in place of Countdown. Might be worth video +

chutneymary Mon 04-Aug-08 08:03:49

LOVE this programme! Whilst I look forward to a good snoop round their houses, I do think it is slightly odd behaviour at a dinner party.

Canadian woman looked good fun, but hmm at the burlesque dancer/ stripper.

Businessman's nose rightly out of joint IMO. I think saying "well, I did the flowers" is a bit much. He'd taken a day off work to make it all (as I would have to if doing that sort of cooking. People who come round here get fish pie and a Nigella pudding cooked whilst Cbeebies is on).

Last woman's lamb looked a bit overdone. First woman had good salad. Kensington man had a very nice house though - what was his job? Not sure either about having a dog at the table - if I had pets I'd shut them away in case someone didn't like them.

They quite often show this on CH4 in August in place of Countdown. Might be worth video +

chutneymary Mon 04-Aug-08 08:05:07

Sorry, Kensington man justified his win by saying he did the flowers / bought sorbet dishes etc in lieu of cooking.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 04-Aug-08 08:14:41

Kensington man was an 'innovator', whatever that is !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now