Talk

Advanced search

random questiona bout old documentary about elderly lady from Copenhagen forced to retire in Eglish old peoples' home

(3 Posts)
janeashersbookofspacecakes Wed 23-Jul-08 23:20:19

When I watch documentaries I always wonder what happened next. There was one made quite a few years ago, maybe 5ish about an elderly lady who'd lived in an elegant apartment in Copenhagen then been persuaded by her son to move to England to an old peoples home. I remember her asking the staff there if there'd be wine with the meal and the woman looking bemused and replying, 'well sometimes they have peach wine on special occasions.'
I felt terrible that this poor woman had to lose her independence and spend the rest of her life in such miserable surroundings.
Does anyone remember it?

TwoIfBySea Wed 23-Jul-08 23:23:21

Oh I remember that. I think it was on Channel 4? She had this lovely life and apartment in Denmark, very typically Scandinavian and basically it showed how crap her life in Britain would be. Made me want to move to Denmark. I'm off to see if I can find it.

janeashersbookofspacecakes Wed 23-Jul-08 23:27:53

I wish I could remember more to see what happened next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now