Talk

Advanced search

Raven must be a logistical/risk-assessment nightmare for the BBC

(7 Posts)
UnquietDad Tue 22-Jul-08 10:16:46

Mustn't it?

I mean, anyone who has ever organised a trip with kids knows that almost all fatalities fall into two categories - roads, and water.

And they've got kids jumping off jetties into water, swimming lochs... Those big thumpy things on "Way of the Warrior" look a bit fierce too!

I expect they have a trained team standing by just off-camera.

FluffyMummy123 Tue 22-Jul-08 10:20:41

Message withdrawn

UnquietDad Tue 22-Jul-08 10:21:54

Let the challenge... BEGIN!

WilfSell Tue 22-Jul-08 10:24:29

Have you noticed, though, UD, the kids look really miserable? They must turn up thinking he's going to weave his magic and then all that happens is they have to stand around for hours while some continuity guy goes "right, you stand just there and put that look of excited fervent determination on your face. What do you mean, AGAIN?: this is telly, darling..."

UnquietDad Tue 22-Jul-08 11:43:36

Lots of them are stage-school kids, aren't they?...

I agree it must ruin the mystique to be standing in the rain with tea from the catering van while their costumes are adjusted for the fifteenth time, and then to have Raven saying: "Warriors! The day is dawning and we must... Oh, darling, can we do that again? My line was off."

mumblechum Tue 22-Jul-08 11:49:48

Dunno about dangerous, the odd time ds and I have watched it we've been rofling about all the helmets and padded stuff.

Raven is for ponces.

Agree kids all looked zoned out

cornsilk Tue 22-Jul-08 11:51:57

That's twice I've seen someone use the word 'logistical' on MN today. (I've decided it's poncey but feel free to ignore me.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now