Talk

Advanced search

Balamory

(14 Posts)
Lollypopzmummy Mon 21-Jul-08 14:00:32

Just wondered what people thought of today's episode, they had an Irish woman reading a story about a leprechaun.

I'm not entirely sure what to think about it (I'm not directly insulted by it but it does make me wonder).

MamaG Mon 21-Jul-08 14:03:54

fgs

kerryk Tue 22-Jul-08 21:53:43

i dont get it hmm

i am scottish, should i not like people talking about the wikd haggis who run through the hills?

Ledodgy Tue 22-Jul-08 21:54:40

What does it make you wonder?

Raahh Tue 22-Jul-08 22:01:57

i saw this thread and wasn't sure what op was getting at, tbh.

Went to Ireland, couldn't find a souvenir that didn't have a leprechaun on it. Didn't think there was any thing odd about that. It's folk lore. hmm

kerryk Tue 22-Jul-08 22:06:54

wild haggis even

merryandmad Tue 22-Jul-08 22:14:00

It was a really bad episode though!! Cringeworthy- but I know dd's love it. Are they making any new ones though as they all seem to be repeats?

Jux Tue 22-Jul-08 22:26:45

I hate balamory but do enjoy that the theme music is actually Alice Cooper's School's Out!

janeashersbookofspacecakes Tue 22-Jul-08 22:28:34

How did they make the rainbow?

MehgaLegs Tue 22-Jul-08 22:36:16

Balamory is shite.

madamez Tue 22-Jul-08 22:50:13

Who else reckons Archie and PC Plum are very, very good friends once the cameras stop rolling, and poor Miss Hoolie will never know why Plum doesn't give her one...

IorekByrnison Tue 22-Jul-08 22:57:33

Not me, madamez. Plum clearly a virgin a la Edward Woodward in The Wicker Man. Reckon Edie McCredie has had Hooley.

MehgaLegs Tue 22-Jul-08 22:58:28

DS3's new teacher looks exactly like Miss Hoolie.

MsHighwater Tue 22-Jul-08 22:58:44

merryandmad, they stopped making it a few years ago. I read a newspaper report last week that said that Tobermory (the real place where most of the outdoor shots were filmed) has experienced a downturn after a fairly sustained boost to tourism (especially by families with toddlers). Having said that, we're going there in September - tho we have been careful not to lead DD to think we are going to Balamory.

As for the leprechaun, a good deal of Balamory is quite tongue in cheek, I find, and I bet this is an example of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now