Talk

Advanced search

Spooks Fans, Environmentalists and anyone not going out on Wednesday

(28 Posts)
Notquitegrownup Fri 18-Jul-08 21:36:23

Just wanted to recommend "Burn Up", a two part thingie, going out on BBC 2 on Wednesday and Friday next week, starring Rupert Penry-Jones <sigh>, (Adam from Spooks) and written by Simon Beaufoy (The Full Monty). We saw it this week as dh managed to get hold of a preview DVD.

It's about climate change, in a Spooksy/thrillerish sort of way. Good stuff.

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Wed 23-Jul-08 16:59:59

I couldn't give a monkeys on the subject matter. Rupert P-J's in it, and that's just fine. grin And I've always had a soft spot for Josh from the West Wing too. DS is going to get sledgehammered over the head to make sure he actually falls asleep tonight and doesn't spoil it for me.

cyanarasamba Wed 23-Jul-08 17:02:28

R P-J doing the bedtime story on CBeebies this week you know. <sigh>

ShrinkingViolet Wed 23-Jul-08 22:24:46

is it a repaeat of the pirate story, where he looks to camera and says "I knwo what you'll be dreaming about tonight"?

WilfSell Wed 23-Jul-08 22:34:37

Oh I enjoyed it. Spesh his back shagging Neve thingy. Sorry Dervla Mrs PJ (she must MN, no?) but you knew the risks when you married him. <dribbling and falling over>

But the oil is really going to run out you know...

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Thu 24-Jul-08 09:08:30

sad I can't get digital tv. So no beebees for Zeb. That is soooo not fair. Still, R P-J's naked bot was worth staying up for. grin

My question is, as a cynic, how much of the 'science' was fact and how much bollocks? Just wondering.

motherinferior Thu 24-Jul-08 09:12:19

I was so knackered I missed this, which is particularly galling as dear Bradley is probably my favourite sexual fantasy male actor of all.

Bugger. And I'm out on Friday.

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Thu 24-Jul-08 09:20:29

Oh dear. Well if it helps, he's put on a tad of weight, cut his hair and plays the bad guy. So he was nowhere near as adorable as the lovely Josh I'm afraid. sad R P-J on the other hand......

WilfSell Thu 24-Jul-08 09:30:32

it must be online on iplayer surely?

motherinferior Thu 24-Jul-08 09:31:51

Ah, right, so I can sit and slaver at the computer. How decorous grin

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 24-Jul-08 09:47:10

oh bother.
meant to watch this. was really looking forward to it.

Notquitegrownup Thu 24-Jul-08 11:07:06

Zebs - the science in this was, I understand, not fantasy stuff, but based on fairly mainstream understanding of what is happening - as was, for example, the reference to the fact that China has its first solar billionaire now. (In fact it has two!) Not fantasy stuff at all.

(The depiction of a company CEO who didn't appear to have his own secretary was a bit hmm but then you can't fit everything into one programme!)

wasabipeanut Thu 24-Jul-08 11:16:35

I saw Rupert P J at Marwell Zoo on Friday.

He is beautiful. If I hadn't been with dh and ds I might have lost my cool! ;)

wasabipeanut Thu 24-Jul-08 11:17:36

And I did watch Burn Up last night - thought it was a little unsubtle in many respects but was still very entertaining. I managed to stay awake until 10.30 which is highly unlike me these days!

Notquitegrownup Thu 24-Jul-08 12:45:18

Wasabi!!! grin

<NQGU thinks about hanging around Marwell Zoo for the forseeable future!>

wasabipeanut Thu 24-Jul-08 12:47:18

I know!! What a huge bonus. I thought I was going for a day out with my ds's nursery to see giraffes and hippo's and I saw Rupert Penry Jones albeit with Dervla and the kids in tow.

Now that is what you call a result. grin

WilfSell Thu 24-Jul-08 20:08:29

Jeez. I imagine Marwell Zoo will wonder what happened when their marketing department notice the sudden influx of Boden clad ladies with pushchairs in tow around or about late July 2008 grin

<where is Marwell BTW?>

luvaduck Thu 24-Jul-08 21:50:51

you don't give a monkeys about the subject matter????
i really hope that you are in a minority but sadly you aren't. so so depressing.

rookiemater Thu 24-Jul-08 21:51:20

My DH has trained DS to blow raspberries at the screen when Rupert turns up to read the CBeebee bedtime story.

I have to say that I wouldn't have persevered with the whole first part if he hadn't been in it. A bit far fetched and obvious, but bonus naked Rupert shot in last 5 minues so well worth the work.

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Fri 25-Jul-08 09:13:56

Luvaduck, I think you're kinda missing the point. I'd watch R P-J reading the telephone directory. grin

luvaduck Fri 25-Jul-08 10:18:19

i agree zebs he is completely the most gorgeous man on TV. beautiful.
However climate change is a real issue and if we don't take action our grandchildren may be the last generation...

I read a great quote recently - imagine going into a house full of children, turning up the heating, closing the windows, cutting off the water supply and then leaving, locking the door. this is what we are doing to our kids.

in generations to come - they will be asking - why didn't they do anything? they must have known...but now its too late

rant over

on a lighter note i watched it on iplayer last night after spying this thread and he is so yummy!

wasabipeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 10:24:33

Luvaduck I think most people here care deeply about the subject matter. I certainly do.

But lets face it the RPJ factor helps!

WilfSell Fri 25-Jul-08 10:27:50

of course we care... oil dependency is not sane or pretty and we need a wholesale culture-shift to get over it.

But do you think he'll be getting his kit off againg tonight?

grin

wasabipeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 10:32:09

Certainly hope so Will! Although I have got an old friend coming over so will have to iplayer it at the first opportunity!

BTW, Marwell is near Winchester!

wasabipeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 10:32:43

Slight OD on the exclamation marks there - apologies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now