The Stepfather ITV1 9pm Tonight

(39 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:02:12

The Stepfather

ITV1

9pm

Tonight

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 16:02:35

whats it about then? (and don't say a Stepfather!)

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:04:43

Two-part dark drama about a mysterious man - minicab driver Dougie (Philip Glenister) - who starts a relationship with divorcee Maggie (Lindsey Coulson), to the fury of her daughter Scarlett, a little madam who has her barrister dad (Robert Bathurst) wrapped around her little finger and who thinks nothing of playing her parents off against one another. Thus Scarlett begins a campaign to oust her stepdad from the family home. But here The Stepfather wanders down the first of many paths. We learn why Dougie, a former teacher, took up a job as a minicab driver, and why he drives, apparently aimlessly, around the streets of London in the empty hours. We learn why his behaviour towards Scarlett is odd, and we are soon pitched into a murder investigation as guilty secrets are revealed. There are certainly plenty of ambiguities to keep you anticipating tomorrow's concluding episode.

Dougie Molloy - Philip Glenister

Christopher Veazey - Robert Bathurst

Maggie Shields - Lindsey Coulson

Scarlett Veazey - Lucy Evans

DI Mendoza - John Bowe

DS Sullivan - Abigail Thaw

Anita Gibson - Janine Carrington

Kath Schofield - Vashti Maclachlan

Mrs Gibson - Trish Cooke

George Saville - John Rowe

James Porter - Charles McCurdy

Detective - Graeme Hawley

Baz - Leigh Symonds

Solicitor - Caroline Woodruff

Nikki - Thea Day

Reporter - Amy Rhiannon-Worth

Mrs Porter - Vanessa Knox-Mawer

Luke Schofield - Jack Wilson

Bruce Shapiro - Con O’Neill

Pippa Molloy - Holly Davidson

Sasha Munro - Anna Wilson-Jones

Beemer - Frankie Fitzgerald

Tracey Ann - Lucy Brooks

Woody - Ricky Nixon

Ryan - Lewis Yarwood

Mini-cab controller - Andy Quine

Café owner - Dennis Blanch

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:07:20

joolstoo

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 16:07:50

oh yes! I've seen it advertised - I like Phil Genister.

must be a kerb crawler?

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:10:37

looks good

His past comes back to haunt him!!!

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 16:13:57

I'll be glued - there are some good dramas coming on I think - one about a baby that gets pinched from a conservatory - did you see the ad for that one?

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:15:28

do you mean the hand that rockds the cradle?

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 16:18:24

no, no - its a tv drama - watch for the adverts - a couple with a lovely baby - everything hunky-dory, they put it to sleep in the conservatory and a bloke runs off with it - I think he may the real father - I've only seen the ad once so I'm THAT sure - but it looks good anyway!

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 18:26:41

ok JT

bumpity bump

Gobbledigook Sun 06-Feb-05 19:35:59

Looks good! I'll be tuning in if dh and MIL allow - actually, stuff em, I've been working all day

Eek, just realised dh has been doing my job (SAHM) so I can't really say he's not been working can I? Hmmmm....

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 19:38:58

WideWebWitch Sun 06-Feb-05 19:59:49

I heard a complete slagging of this on radio 4 on Friday night, it's terrible apparently.

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 20:43:18

17 mins if anyone else is interested

RTKangaMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 21:03:19

now

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 21:05:48

I'm watching - let's see if Radio 4 is right!

WideWebWitch Sun 06-Feb-05 21:06:51

Jools, the main slagging was about the second part, tomorrow night. Shame, for Lindsay Coulson if it is pants.

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 21:10:10

probably the usual - good start, pathetic ending!

taping 'breathy' 24 as well - why do they talk like that?

woodpops Mon 07-Feb-05 10:16:19

Jools I saw the ad for the baby snatching one looked quite good. Not too sure what to make of Stepfather though. But will of course be watching tonight

mummygow Mon 07-Feb-05 10:23:21

I watched last night and always annoy my dh by trying to guess - last night I said it had something to do with the dad but today I think that maybe it is Scarlett - she killed her friend for telling the truth about the camera - I'll prob change my mind by this afternoon - oh but who do you think the girl was sitting outside there house - and maybe the fireman boyfriend - see I'm rubbish at this guessing

woodpops Mon 07-Feb-05 11:06:49

I thought it may be something to do with the bloke training the fireman boyfriend.

mummygow Mon 07-Feb-05 11:20:47

So does my sister, but what about the boyfriend friend who is a drug dealer that he was shouting at about the false alarms - what was that about?

woodpops Mon 07-Feb-05 11:39:34

I thought him as well. He played Nick Cottons son in Eastenders didn't he????

Joolstoo Mon 07-Feb-05 11:58:13

woodpops - I'm a 'predictor of the plot' too! drives my dh to distraction!

woodpops Mon 07-Feb-05 12:12:18

So who do you think did it????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now