Talk

Advanced search

I am loving Marco PW

(9 Posts)
Carmenere Wed 16-Jul-08 22:00:03

He was one of my biggest crushes influences as a young chef, incredibly arrogant, dynamic and professionally talented.

I LOVE the way he has morphed into a potty grumpy old lunaticgrin Very entertaining indeedgrin

PeaMcLean Wed 16-Jul-08 22:01:21

DH is glued to the telly. This is the DH who never cooks anything other than a fray bentos pie hmm

I still wait to see the tv chef who can get my husband actually cooking other than just salivating.

LookingForwardToSummer Thu 17-Jul-08 11:48:28

But he is really very odd! If he said he'd kiss me, like he did to the prawn ladies, I'd edge nervously out of the room and then run for it!

Jazzicatz Thu 17-Jul-08 11:54:59

I think he has jumped on the whole 'buy and cook british' bandwagon which most of the main tv chefs have adopted. He is not a man built for tv I feel. (There is something strangely sexy about him though blush

TheCrackFox Thu 17-Jul-08 11:55:28

I find him a bit odd. My DH is a chef and I think he could turn gay fro him.

Carmenere Thu 17-Jul-08 15:35:47

Oh no he is one of the most brilliant chefs of this generation, he was recognised as a genius about 20 years ago, which is when I first got his books.
And he has been spouting the British food is great thing for years so I don't think it is a bandwagon. He is odd though in that he gave up cooking quite a few years ago and kind of sold out by setting up quite a few restaurants that were not great (but very profitable).
I think he has a very odd relationship with women, he seems to be in thrall to them but hates them (or is very suspicious of them) at the same time. He famously adored his mum who died when he was young. He has very traditional views on how women should behave iirc.

I think he makes great TV because he is so pompous and self conscious whilst not giving a fuck how mad he seems. It is quite refreshing.

I think I probably do fancy him but I don't think that we would get on in rl.

whoopsididitagain Thu 17-Jul-08 16:05:06

i dont think he is sexy but he is a loony i love the way he just told themn to fook off in a very diva way

i want to wash his hair though and did giggle alot at the little japanese buisnessman hiding in the bushes whilst mpw was fishing

Tas1 Thu 17-Jul-08 21:20:30

I dont fancy eating anything he cooks.
He smokes like a trooper, has hair flying around all over the place, he always has dirty nails and generaly looks like a dirty tramp. YUKKKKK

Carmenere Wed 23-Jul-08 21:40:24

Do you think that nick the maitre d is a raver?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now