Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else NOT like Boogie Beebies?

(28 Posts)
Beatie Fri 04-Feb-05 12:48:15

Whilst I like the concept, I find the presenters very irritating and don't think they look particularly comfortable A) Dancing in front of a camera and B) working with children.

The way Pete screws his nose up all the time really irritates me.

DD is semi interested so I guess my opinion doesn't count. I just thought they might have found some better people for the job.

NameChangingMancMidlander Fri 04-Feb-05 12:49:16

It's crap.

Much like Big Cook Little Cook, the idea is good but the resulting programme is rot.

Pamina3 Fri 04-Feb-05 12:49:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinkmama Fri 04-Feb-05 12:51:19

Its terrible, but ds really likes it! No accounting for children's taste.

DaddyCool Fri 04-Feb-05 13:00:42

it's rubbish. But I like big cook little cook! How can't you!

milge Fri 04-Feb-05 13:02:47

Me too. Awful. BCLC gets on my nerves, but ds loves dancing to the music. Looks like ricky gervais from the dance episode from The Office.

DillyDally Fri 04-Feb-05 13:04:34

I don't mind it but feel Pete is not perhaps the best advertisement as he does look slightly podgy in the belly area.
And also he should ditch the wrist sweatband thing - so last year

Beatie Fri 04-Feb-05 13:18:59

*If I ever have to sit through that Digger song again I will not be held accountable for my actions!*

You and me both!

MistressMary Fri 04-Feb-05 13:20:44

dance dance dance

build it, build it, build it way up high....

Tetley Fri 04-Feb-05 13:30:06

Hate hate hate it!!! Luckily neither of the kids seem to like it too. The initial trailer for it was brilliant & thought that it was going to be a really good idea, but it's just crap

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 13:30:35

the womans last whispery bit annoys me

DaddyCool Fri 04-Feb-05 13:38:29

I hate the tweenies too. Mindless oiks.

MistressMary Fri 04-Feb-05 13:40:11

haha and why do the tiny tots tv girl speak french? sac magique my arse

DaddyCool Fri 04-Feb-05 13:50:54

ooh I know (tiny tots), that doesn't make any sense.

I love the clangers but you have to be up pretty early in the morning to see those guys... unfortunately I am.

alison222 Fri 04-Feb-05 13:55:03

I hate it but DS loves it. Then I get asked to repeat the words to all the songs at later dates which of course I can't because I've either left the room or read a book to avoid having to watch it!

Bagpuss30 Fri 04-Feb-05 13:59:49

My dd is addicted to the go go mango song. Very annoying in the queue at Waitrose .

I think it is crap too, but not as crap as Barney on channel 5.

MistressMary Fri 04-Feb-05 14:14:25

Ooh theres something very wrong about that guy in his purple dinosaur outfit, his voice gives me the creeps!

marialuisa Fri 04-Feb-05 15:08:32

Hate it, in fact i think I hate almost everything on CBeebies. DH feels even more strongly about it than i do...

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 04-Feb-05 15:14:42

Diga diga diga diga diga dig dig,
Dig it
Whoa
Dig it
Whoa!

That is the only song that sticks in my head!

My mum thought the shopping one was hilarious along with the poo episode of Come Outside!

tarantula Fri 04-Feb-05 15:19:37

That purple dinosaur is the product of a very very sick mind. Cant say I like boogie beebies either but dd1 (12 mnths) sits on the floor or stands up in front of the tele and bobs up and down to the music which is funny (and at least I get to have a cup of tea in piece before going to work).

Satine Fri 04-Feb-05 15:25:24

Pete is awful - patronising, insincere and just bloody irritating! The way he screws his nose up....I can't wait for the new series of Come Outside, I learn all sorts of things (like they use human sewage as manure! Who would have thought?) Poor Auntie Mabel - they make her do some pretty dreadful things - like go down sewers or hold giant snails.

northstar Fri 04-Feb-05 15:28:22

Agree with Tetley, the original trailer was great, ds and i had to stop what we were doing and DANCE!......all downhill from there though

lunavix Fri 04-Feb-05 15:28:54

lol

for my views look under Chat, under the thread title 'Boogie Bl**dy Beebies'

Rubbish.

Beatie Fri 04-Feb-05 15:29:46

I like Come Outside too and was also particularly fascinated by the pooh episode.

I despise the Tweenies too. I cannot stand the way they speak and I hate their made-up songs always to the same tunes.

northstar Fri 04-Feb-05 15:30:33

PS Auntie Mabel, now there's a funny ol' bird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now