Talk

Advanced search

What the %$^^&%^% have they done to Pingu?

(10 Posts)
LittleMyDancing Wed 09-Jul-08 19:39:03

What on earth has happened? Pingu used to be reliable - in a strange language that you just about think you can understand, very funny, etc.

Now it's The Pingu Show, with a crappy English voiceover and some odd middle segment with made up facts about penguins and a snow whale with doors in it hmm wtf?

Grumble grumble things ain't what they used to be grumble grumble.

Ecmo Wed 09-Jul-08 19:41:34

will hold onto old videos then in case they become valuable old Pingu antique versions!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 09-Jul-08 19:41:35

Message withdrawn

LittleMyDancing Wed 09-Jul-08 19:43:13

The stories are still the same, but they have this weird English intro voiceover thing. It's odd.

Most disappointed.

JacobsPrincess Wed 09-Jul-08 19:44:54

If you've got the video where Pingu and his seal friend swap fish for booze and get rat-arsed, it's worth a blardy fortune!

TheOldestCat Wed 09-Jul-08 19:46:28

In a similar vein, am I the last person to discover the Postman Pat theme has changed?

It's not right.

JacobsPrincess Wed 09-Jul-08 19:53:36

I want to know when Postman Pat got married and spawned a sprog called "Julian"! grin

southeastastra Wed 09-Jul-08 19:54:20

oh no

LittleMyDancing Wed 09-Jul-08 19:58:28

'tis wrong. it's not as wrong as Disney deciding to axe Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh and replace him with a GIRL, but it's not far off.

TwoIfBySea Wed 09-Jul-08 22:11:35

I am so glad dts are too old to watch Cbeebies now if they have dared to muck around with Pingu! I loved it, never mind them - but the old quirky music.

Perhaps they think kids are too stupid to figure out what is happening without being hand-held through a story.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now