We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BONEKICKERS - ON NOW - what utter shite! makes rentaghost look sophisticated.

(83 Posts)
wotnopulling Tue 08-Jul-08 21:37:38

last week in 9pm slot bbc had 'criminal justice' - great, thoughtful drama. this week something so woeful i'm offended.
dh reckons it was made with sat tea time slot in mind - ie it's aimed at children. i think he's being kind. and they did just chop someone's head off.
script dire, acting shocking - i keep thinking i'm watching a sketch and waiting for the punchline.
shocking.

mamabea Tue 08-Jul-08 21:38:44

Ha Ha Ha.
your title made me LOL.

Aero Tue 08-Jul-08 21:40:59

pmsl at thread title. Dh thinks it's good. I'm bored, but allowing him to watch it and will turn over to Big Brother at 10.

LIZS Tue 08-Jul-08 21:41:01

Very bad. Nice camera work (although took exception to the decaying body in opening sequence) but really is dumbing down archaeology. Shame , good actors , bad script

I started watching, finished on here! Comedy letcherous old archaelogist is just so naff

mamabea Tue 08-Jul-08 21:45:57

they were interviewing the main actress (don't know her name) on This Morning today (not that I ususally watch daytime TV you understand...but it happened to be on) I could tell that Fern and Phil (if that's what the presenters are called, I wouldn't know as of course never seen it before) thought it was a load of old crap.

LIZS Tue 08-Jul-08 21:46:25

I asked dh where Tony Robinson was , the opening shot with the archaetypal team (older one in wide brimmed hat) was just so cliched !

wotnopulling Tue 08-Jul-08 21:46:40

archeologist whispers to dig 'give up your secrets'

oh pleeeeeeeease.

i don't recall seeing anything this bad in a while. and i haven't been out since august.

mamabea Tue 08-Jul-08 21:55:41

just watched some. what utter cock.

Oh it's even better now...archaelogist torches biggest find of century. Tool.

iBundle Tue 08-Jul-08 21:56:36

SWITCHED OFF AFTER 12.7 SECONDS

LaVieEnRose Tue 08-Jul-08 21:56:58

oh this is bad, a 5 year old could have written it hmm

scrappydappydoo Tue 08-Jul-08 22:03:48

Just wasted an hour of life watching this.... it was all the dramatic music when nothing was happening. They're trying to cash in on the indiana jones and dan brown hype - yawn

BreeVanderCampLGJ Tue 08-Jul-08 22:04:38

Can I just point out.....................

This was on BBC, we all paid for this.shock

What a pile of steaming poo..

Flum Tue 08-Jul-08 22:05:48

The lead actress reminds me of Catherine Tate doing the Chelsea mum sketch. Such drama where none req'd. Fast moving though

mumdebump Tue 08-Jul-08 22:10:20

Complete and utter shit. Can't believe I wasted 30 mins watching it - gave up long before the end. Wish they'd chopped off Professor Magwitch's head off, would have saved us all from her terrible acting.

spicemonster Tue 08-Jul-08 22:12:44

That was utter cack. I can't remember seeing anything so trite since Lazytown

BreeVanderCampLGJ Tue 08-Jul-08 22:15:03

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

Terry Wogan will have a field day in the morning. grin

wotnopulling Tue 08-Jul-08 22:15:18

an enthusiasm for fruit and veg (lazytown stylee) would have improved it.

WilfSell Tue 08-Jul-08 22:19:45

I was waiting for Dan Brown to turn up.

spicemonster Tue 08-Jul-08 22:20:53

Or a song perhaps? Oh I suppose we did get a few lines of Jerusalem thrown in at the end from her with the beatific voice hmm

TheOldestCat Tue 08-Jul-08 22:21:19

It was meant to be funny though. Right?

DH chuckled himself out of the room, unable to understand why I couldn't see it was a parody.

What was the lovely, talented Adrian Lester doing in such a pile of manure?

littlelapin Tue 08-Jul-08 22:22:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spicemonster Tue 08-Jul-08 22:23:23

<mutters about how tricky jerusalem is to sing>

Sobernow Tue 08-Jul-08 22:26:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now