Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only person who still can't get over The Doctor and Rose?

(57 Posts)
Tinkjon Tue 08-Jul-08 13:37:35

1. It's just TV show.
2. I will be 40 years old next year.

So why do I feel like crying every time I think about this?! Bloody Russell T. Davies... why is everybody scared to write a happy ending these days?! [sulk]

Monkeytrousers Tue 08-Jul-08 13:38:38

It was a happy ending wasn't it?

purlease Tue 08-Jul-08 13:39:07

I thought the Rose and 'other' doctor ending was happy.
It was the Donna story I found sad.

tiredemma Tue 08-Jul-08 13:39:15

what happened?

maretta Tue 08-Jul-08 13:41:47

It was a happy ending really.

It also occured to me that now there is David Tennant is another dimension, he can come back for one off special episodes, even the doctor in our dimension has regenerated.

purlease Tue 08-Jul-08 13:43:11

good point Maretta grin

Iklboo Tue 08-Jul-08 13:43:57

Isn't that dimension now 'sealed off, forever'?
Wish someone would dump me on a beach with David Tennant...

actually, I don't. I love DH & DS too much smile

purlease Tue 08-Jul-08 13:48:27

there are always cracks appearing in the dimensions.

Elffriend Tue 08-Jul-08 13:53:30

Nope I'm the same and I'll be 40 this year (fairly soon in fact sad).

It was a bitter-sweet ending for Rose - pretty happy for Doctor 2 but utterly devastating for Doctor 1. The love of his life has buggered off with his twin!

That said, I think it was an artistically "right" ending - but still makes my heart ache! How sad am I?

<goes off to think about David Tennant do some work>

KayHarker Tue 08-Jul-08 14:33:25

'Twas the best possible ending for Rose, given that Billie was leaving for good this time, though. The only other options were killing her or leaving her alone again, and I wouldn't have appreciated RTD leaving her on her tod once again.

I'm very happy with that ending from her perspective. For the original Doctor, it's very sad, but probably bittersweet because he did give her everything he possibly could, and it's less bittersweet, but still hard for the second Doctor, who also gave up everything he'd known for Rose.

Anyway, how can it not be a good ending with this? grin

edam Tue 08-Jul-08 14:35:41

Never mind Rose, what about poor Donna? I still can't get over her tragedy. And her poor Grandpa - what a burden to place on him.

Rose ending annoyed me. Trite.

GBR Tue 08-Jul-08 14:45:37

LOL KH!! I thought that - they just needed to get Jackie to bugger off for a while, and find a nice dry sandy spot on the beach ....

KayHarker Tue 08-Jul-08 14:46:16

I wanted Wilf in the TARDIS, so I'm cheesed off from that perspective, but yes, agreed, Donna's ending was by far the saddest.

NoBiggyFinish Tue 08-Jul-08 14:58:14

Tinkjon, are you channeling me?

Is it our age do you think? wink

I was at work late last night and put the commentary on from BBC7. Still came over all funny just hearing someone talk about it, FGS!

I'll maybe get a grip in a while.

YeahBut Tue 08-Jul-08 15:19:39

Are there any theories as to what Doctor Two whispered to Rose?...

SciFiFan Tue 08-Jul-08 15:27:21

Wow mind-blowing sex with DT now that is something to take my mind off work. Thanks KH!

I agree with others - Rose gets everything and poor Donna doesn't even have her memories sad.

Not sure I can see Doctor 2 and Rose knee deep in nappies and domesticated bliss in 10 years time though hmm.

SciFiFan Tue 08-Jul-08 15:28:40

YeahBut - DW Confidential said it was 'I Love You' according to Julie Gardiner.

NoBiggyFinish Tue 08-Jul-08 15:29:46

"Is there a Greggs near here?"

Ags Tue 08-Jul-08 15:36:49

If Dr 2 is half human, can you imagine the insecurities he will suffer knowing that Rose truly loves the 'real' Doctor and he is just a poor substitute. I really hope they have good relationship counsellors on bad wolf bay!

AlistairSim Tue 08-Jul-08 16:34:06

Ok, this is slightly off the topic but can anyone tell me what The Doctor and Rose meant when they were talking about Gwen?

Did they recognise her?

Desiderata Tue 08-Jul-08 16:35:53

They recognised Gwen from the Charles Dickens episode with the Guelph. That was from the first series with Christopher Ecclestone.

The same actress played the undertaker's maid in 1860s Cardiff. The suggestion was that she was a descendent .. which no doubt she was.

AlistairSim Tue 08-Jul-08 16:43:45

Ah hah, Desiderata, thanks!

No wonder it went straight over my head, I didn't see that series.

Monkeytrousers Tue 08-Jul-08 17:18:49

As Leonard Cohen says

There is a crack in everything
Thats how the light gets in

grin

These ciould start coming thick and fact on as the countdown to Cohen concert gets smaller

Monkeytrousers Tue 08-Jul-08 17:19:50

Was it only me who thought Billy Piper was talking strangely? Like she had just had oral surgery?

Monkeytrousers Tue 08-Jul-08 17:19:50

Was it only me who thought Billy Piper was talking strangely? Like she had just had oral surgery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now