Talk

Advanced search

Oh NO! The TV died

(8 Posts)
purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 09:51:18

I don't know why, because the children were happily watching Big Cook, Little Cook earlier on, but now the TV is dead. What am I going to do? I've tried changing the fuse in the plug, but that didn't work. As far as I can tell the wires are all where they should be.

And I'm an addict (not to mention the children ). How are we going to get through the day without CBeebies?

Frizbe Wed 02-Feb-05 09:52:54

argh, did I make any noises whilst dying? or did you just look round and it was off?

purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 09:57:07

We turned it off to eat breakfast, went upstairs to get dressed, and then dd went down to watch CBeebies. Next thing i know there's a plaintiff cry of 'No flashing red thing' (or something like that). So I actually have no idea.

All Ds wants to do is watch a Wiggles DVD, which won't play in this computer for some reason. Obviously the TV is out, so he is watching it on our old computer, which is waiting to go to its new home, so the speakers are disconnected. Lol, poor boy is dancing is dancing in front a silent screen!

Snugs Wed 02-Feb-05 10:00:24

Possibly the main power supply within the TV set. Ours cost £40 to get repaired and then the portable went and did the same thing and cost us another £32

purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 10:02:09

But why????

Snugs Wed 02-Feb-05 10:07:33

They just go when they feel like it unfortunately. It is one of the most common breakdown problems in TVs.
One thing that can cause it to happen tho is if you turn the power on/off at the mains socket rather than at the TV, causing a power surge. Or just turning it on/off a lot!

purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 10:11:43

That'll be it then. A 3 year old and a 2 year old doing battle over the on/off switch. Perhaps I'll raid their piggy-banks for the repairs bill.

purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 10:22:36

due to no C Beebies, am now off to entertain ds myself. I may be gone some time...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: