Talk

Advanced search

Regenerated Doctor Who Geeks Thread

(1001 Posts)
RustyDaviesBear Sat 05-Jul-08 22:26:19

Sorry for the delay - internet went down just as I clicked create conversation....

Chamomile Sat 05-Jul-08 22:27:05

So what are you all going to do on Saturday evenings now?

JackieNo Sat 05-Jul-08 22:27:51

You see- I knew that would happen - I waited for ages, then created another oneblush. I'll post on it to just use this one, then mine can die.

Frizbe Sat 05-Jul-08 22:28:36

Watch that new thingy that was advertised on BBC1, that templar knights thingy

Chamomile Sat 05-Jul-08 22:28:51

grin Hand in jar syndrome

JackieNo Sat 05-Jul-08 22:29:32

Yes - what was that? Merlin, was it? Maybe Robin Hood will be back soon.

Dior Sat 05-Jul-08 22:31:12

Message withdrawn

JackieNo Sat 05-Jul-08 22:34:14

Looks like Merlin has Anthony Head and Richard Wilson in it.

RustyDaviesBear Sat 05-Jul-08 22:34:44

Yes - we'll keep yours in the jar & revive it when this one's finished....
grin

squilly Sat 05-Jul-08 22:35:24

bump (can't think of wht to say, but want to mark the thread in case anything develops over night in the DR who thread).

RustyDaviesBear Sat 05-Jul-08 22:35:29

I'd better go & take my fancy dress off....

Chamomile Sat 05-Jul-08 22:37:05

That looks good. We have got used to sitting down together with DC on Saturday evenings. I need something to fill the gap.

Wassup Sat 05-Jul-08 22:38:38

I keep reading this as regurgitated

ds is already excited about the Cybermen at Christmas

RustyBear Sat 05-Jul-08 22:38:49

That's better - I always feel vaguely uncomfortable in a different name.

So anyway, as I was saying on the other thread, where's UQD?

littlelapin Sat 05-Jul-08 22:42:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chamomile Sat 05-Jul-08 22:48:37

I think there are to be 5 specials next year ( 2 Christmas ones and 3 throughout the year)

Frizbe Sat 05-Jul-08 22:49:10

Rusty don't know haven't seen him, did he have something in RL happening?

Chamomile Sat 05-Jul-08 22:54:11

Anyone think there is even a slim chance Donna was just acting all oblivious at the end? Surely her normal character would have paid a bit more attention to a presentable male stranger in her mum's front room?

PotPourri Sat 05-Jul-08 22:55:38

Can't keep up wtih you lot.... I've only jsut got to teh end of this thread, qafter eading all the spin off - great blog someone posted with teh spoilers etc.

Anyway, one thing no one has mentioend is - wasn;t it weird how sarah Jane kept going on about 'he's only 14 you know' Isn't her son some adopted alien - is there something to happen there.

And what about the drums that Donna kept hearing, like the master. And that was before she became a hybrid

As far as I can see the loose ends that could be capitalised on are still:
Dalejk Caan & Davros dead or not?
Harriet Wotsit dead or not?
Master dead or what - and who took his ring?
V Clever human/doctor hybrid and Rose who already worked out how to find him
Donna - name means time lord, wearing ring, the drums she kept hearing - just like the master did...

The anticipation...

LittleMyDancing Sat 05-Jul-08 22:56:22

there was far too much of that 'You must never tell her' stuff at the end - we definitely haven't seen the last of Donna....

UnquietDad Sat 05-Jul-08 22:56:24

I am here.

It's 3 specials next year, plus Xmas epsiode, so we have 5 more RTD episodes to come in total: this Christmas's Cyberman story, next year's specials - a Spring one, a Summer one and probably one around Hallowe'en - and the 2009 Xmas Special (I think).

This will mean he has written 9 episodes (8 stories) in a row, which must be some kind of record.

I'm kind of sad. Getting real end-of-era vibes... and it seems to coincide with changes happening in our own lives. DD and DS will be 9 and 7 next time we sit down to a full series. They may not even be into it any more!!

I wondered what on earth they were going to do when all the Dalek ships were blown up with 20 minutes to go.

Did anyone else think SJS's magic pedant came a bit out of the blue? Could have been flagged up in the first ep...

Loved German Daleks.

PotPourri Sat 05-Jul-08 22:57:15

Great point Chamomile. True, there is practically no chance that she would be oblivious to a GORGEOUS man like DT in her front room.

littlelapin Sat 05-Jul-08 22:57:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RustyBear Sat 05-Jul-08 22:57:35

I wish they'd put something in the phone conversation - say her friend is setting her up on a blind date & Donna says something like - "What's his name? ...Lee? OK why not?"
Would have sort of rounded it off a bit for her.

UnquietDad Sat 05-Jul-08 22:58:14

Who said 20 million by the way? Where has that come from? The Xmas episode got 13m - even 10m for an ordinary series ep would be amazing.

This thread is not accepting new messages.