Advanced search

Wiggles - Video & DVD out

(31 Posts)
Whizzz Mon 31-Jan-05 21:35:39

For all you Wiggle fans who have been hunting
hunt no more

Available at Tesco & I assume elsewhere as from today

SilverLining Thu 03-Feb-05 11:39:51

Talking of the wiggles - did anyone watch this morning and see the handsome 4some in their dinner suits???! For a moment I was slightly taken with Anthony in his but them remembered our old adage at university not to be taken in my a man in a DJ - its all too easy to look good and then the next morning .....back to full wiggle glory!!!

Still can't stop singing "lights camera action" though!! And my work colleagues have stopped giving me funny looks they are so used to me!!!

popsycal Thu 03-Feb-05 11:40:20

oh wow!!!!!

suzywong Thu 03-Feb-05 11:42:43

right ... I have to tell you that Anthony is MINE

We had a spurt of Wiggles mania today, Wiggly Xmas and BIg Red Car

I'm glad you lot can get the now, they used to be impossible to get in the UK. Tripping over them round here though

Very nice to see you back in your usual nickname popsy
Though the other one was more amusing

popsycal Thu 03-Feb-05 11:48:07

It took the wiggles to lure me back....

I can revert back to the other one at your command though.... ;)

NameChangingMancMidlander Thu 03-Feb-05 11:48:33

They are sooooo creepy, especially the one with the boggly eyes (Murray?) and the lead one. Please tell me that he isn't Anthony

>shudder<

Pamina3 Thu 03-Feb-05 11:48:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

popsycal Thu 03-Feb-05 11:49:20

The lead one is greg!!!!
the googly eyed one is murray
anthony is the blue one and jeff is the purple one

apparently

NameChangingMancMidlander Thu 03-Feb-05 11:50:35

Ewwwww. I suppose Anthony is possbly the least cringesome, with jeff coming a close second.

Pamina3 Thu 03-Feb-05 11:51:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skerriesmum Thu 03-Feb-05 12:17:43

Yeah! Their songs good actually, much better than most of the dross oht there. Ds loves Big Red Car! I did see ER last week too, god what a horrific episode, so intense. Can't wait to see it tonight though!

suzywong Thu 03-Feb-05 12:23:34

murray is colossal, well over 6ft 2

I took ds1 and his mate to see their show and we left early to avoid the crush in the carpark and murray was returning to the stage via a different exit from the one he left through and he waved and gurned at us in a very genuine and jolly manner as he sped past.

which was nice

Beatie Thu 03-Feb-05 13:52:05

I have just introduced dd to The Wiggles on Tuesday when our DVD arrived from Amazon. We'd had a preview in a Tumble Tots DVD.

I belong to an American parenting forum and know that they have been mad on The Wiggles for ages.

I like them but am annoyed not to be able to get "Toot-toot, chuga-chuga, big red car" out of my head

TwoIfBySea Thu 03-Feb-05 21:32:25

I saw this the other day in Woolies for £10.99.

It isn't Big Red Car that sticks in my mind now but one from their new Nick jr shows...

"And the clock goes tick, tock
All night long..tick, tock, tick, tock, tick"

And those are the only words I can remember - waaahhhh!

And Silver, when you sing Lights Camera Action do you do the actions too?

marj Thu 03-Feb-05 22:12:40

What age are the wiggles aimed at? My ds is 20 months, would it be any good for him as I have never heard of them before.

TwoIfBySea Thu 03-Feb-05 23:17:37

Marj I think they are for pre-schoolers and up to age about 6 or so. Really they are for any child who loves music and dancing as my friend's 1-year-old ds adores them.

My ds twins are 3, we first saw the show on Nick jr last year some time (I think during the summer) so were about 2 1/2 and loved the show from then. They love copying the dances and singing along.

popsycal Fri 04-Feb-05 09:07:08

well - i bought it yesterday in tesco for £9.99 - bargain.

ds loves me forever now

harrogatemum Fri 04-Feb-05 09:14:30

Wiggles are from Aus - my nieces in Brisbane absolutely love them. They used to be a band called the Cockroaches but werent very good and ended up being childrens entertainers....now they are absolutely loaded!

TracyK Fri 04-Feb-05 09:37:40

is it available in all tescos or just tesco online? my ds loves them!

popsycal Fri 04-Feb-05 09:57:06

we got ours in the local tesco shop yesterday...

Whizzz Fri 04-Feb-05 19:07:33

I love Captain Feathersword !
Thought that the newer series thats been showing recently is much better than Network Wiggles (the Lights Camera ACtion one) - which even Mega-Wiggle-Fan me finds slightly annoying, with some terrible tunes !
Still trying to find if/when they are next in the UK ! Any inside info Suzywong?

SilverLining Sat 05-Feb-05 15:23:07

TwoIfBySea - have you been spying on me! My dd looks at me as if I am doing the actions. She carries on eating her breakfast while demented mother just can't get it right!!!! Its the jumping up shouting "Wiggles" that I'm stuck on!!!

Great inside info Suzy - nice to know that they are good with the children! I know someone who went to Balamory and Miss Hoolie wouldn't even talk to the children, just hid inside grrrrrrr!

Off to practice my moves now .....! Silver x

Beatie Sat 05-Feb-05 16:17:25

They do look like they are very natural in the company of children. I think they are wonderfully expressive.

DD is petrified of Captain Feathersword though.

TracyK Sat 05-Feb-05 16:45:18

got it in tescos last night and ds has watched it twice already - he loves it

popsycal Sat 05-Feb-05 19:32:34

they are touring the uk in 2005 (oh it is 2005 now!). leaflet in with dvd to send off for more info....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now