Never watched it, but i might tonight.

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 09:28:46

one family has 7 children

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 09:29:33

only 7?

my grandparents had 11.

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 10:35:56

yes one of my friends is one of 8 or 9 {cant remember }

but what I meant was I think the other mum only has 1 or 2 and cannot cope with bedtime etc.

I saw a clip of her trying to get them to do their teeth chaos

will have to wait and see

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 11:13:58

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 12:48:27

lunchtime bump

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 13:57:04

late lunch alert

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 16:23:43

afternoon alert

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 17:21:46

late afternnon alert

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 18:08:05

early evening

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:05:30

1 hour and 55 mins

jessicasmummy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:06:40

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Sky programmed already - hoorah!

Caligula Wed 26-Jan-05 19:06:48

Bubbles. You will never look back.

Gwenick Wed 26-Jan-05 19:16:24

ooo - thanks - was about to tell DH that there wasn't anything I wanted to watch on TV tonight!!! - but not any more...........7 kids - I take my hats off to them - I hardly seem to cope with 2!

Surfermum Wed 26-Jan-05 19:18:27

Kanga - thank you, you are fantastic. DH is over to moon that you've told me (not). He's lit a fire and has his dressing gown on, I think he was hoping for no mumsnet and no telly.

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:22:19

Entertainment

Wife Swap

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

Subtitled

1/3

New series of the award-winning reality programme in which wives swap their husbands, children and homes for up to two weeks. The series kicks off with a classic clash of domestic cultures as laid-back Kelly and regimented Donna try and impose their own rules on households with markedly different attitudes. Kelly lives with her partner, Lee, and seven children. She doesn't believe in routine or timetables; her children do what they like when they like. There are no bedtimes, and no homework. Lee doesn't lift a finger round the house, even when he's out of work. Donna's family runs a little differently. She lives with househusband Craig and two sons, and the household runs on routine. How will Kelly cope in a house where routine and structure are so important? Can Donna get Lee to take responsibility and help out with the chores? And how will schoolteacher Donna cope in a house where seven children are allowed to run riot?

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:23:39

surfermum DH sorry

but does look good in a wife swap sort of way

total quality tv

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:28:55

Donna
Donna lives with husband Craig and their two sons: Lewis (14) and Cory (10). She's a primary school teacher at a church school.

Q: Why did you want to be on Wife Swap?
A: We saw an advert in our local paper and were keen to do it. We have strong, traditional values in our family – something we feel is slipping away in modern society – and wanted to show other people that it is a good thing.

Q: What parts of the swap did you enjoy?
A: I loved seeing the change in Lee. I think he just didn't know how to do things and play with his kids, so that was a real plus when he changed. The kids were all very loving and it was lovely when they were following my rules and enjoying them. I told them bedtime stories and they loved it – especially the younger ones.

Q: What parts of the swap did you find difficult?
A: The eating habits were difficult for me to come to terms with – the fact that they didn't have a table and the kids ate sitting on the kitchen floor. The actual food was difficult for me too as it had no nutritional value – the kids loved it when I bought fruit.

Q: How did your family cope with the swap?
A: My two boys coped really well – they joined in and followed all of Kelly's rules, although they went straight back to the way they were after she left. Craig found it very difficult, but I think that was more to do with us being apart – 10 days is a long time.

Q: Do you relate to your family differently?
A: We've not really made any life-changing differences to our relationships. The experience has relaxed us a bit though – we're a bit more chilled and flexibe with our routine.

Q: Has it changed you at all?
A: In some ways – I do less cleaning for example! I'd say I have a more relaxed outlook and am less strict about things like the boys' homework. They still have to do it by a set time, but they can choose when they actually do it.

^ Top

Kelly
Kelly lives with her partner Lee, and their seven children: Connor (11); Aubin (8); Callum (7); Ryley (6); Keagan (4); Hope (4) and Shea (2).

Q: What parts of the swap did you enjoy?
A: I really enjoyed working with kids in the school. I bonded with them because I think I'm on their level.

Q: What parts of the swap did you find hardest?
A: Seeing Donna's two kids the way they are was hard – they are like robots. I found Craig difficult too – I think that had a lot to do with our age difference; he's old enough to be my dad. He treated me like one of his kids.

Q: How did your family cope with the swap?
A: They didn't like the changes that Donna put in place – all the rules and regulations. My oldest kids thought the 'gold star' chart was childish.

Donna was more like a school-teacher than a mother.

Q: Do you relate to your family differently?
A: I've always really appreciated my family – I love my life here and my kids are happy. I'm even more grateful of them since being on Wife Swap.

Q: Has it changed you at all?
A: No – not one bit. I'm Kelly; I've always been Kelly and I'll always be Kelly.

^ Top

About C4 | Access Advice | Contact Us | Terms and Conditions

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:06:02

54 mins

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:35:36

25 mins

jessicasmummy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:48:52

12 mins

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:59:06

2 mins to go

Blossomhill Wed 26-Jan-05 20:59:26

Apparently one of the couples lives in Banstead, surrey. Which is about 5 minutes away from me. It is awfully posh in Banstead!

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 21:01:09

leafy suberb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now