Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been watching Tribe?

(7 Posts)
bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 15:11:57

...or am I the only Bruce Parry fan on MN? watchable anthropology with a dash of psychotropic drugs/cannibals thrown in.

spykid Tue 25-Jan-05 15:18:36

no, me too. Think he is as mad as a hatter, but v. entertaining to watch.

Blu Tue 25-Jan-05 15:24:41

Someone should have put a warning on the phobics thread here. Not one for the emetophobes.
Only saw a bit - wished I'd seen more.

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 15:26:03

nice article on bruce

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 15:29:40

I saw the one on Papua New Guinea and I found him a bit irritating.
He kept saying things like "wow, this is awesome" rather than offering any kind of insight.
It was a bit like watching an excited kid go exploring - sort of endearing but I would have liked it to be a bit more in-depth.

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 15:34:06

i agree sponge, it does have its faults. it's not just the lack of analysis, but the non-inclusion of women/children...there's a lot of blokey matey stuff, but hardly anything about the women and what they think although this may be because of his sex he's procluded from any meaningful sort of conversation with them. there was a small (sad) glimpse in last night's - when a woman and baby (unrelated) died and the level of public display of grief was very unsettling, bruce himself said he felt he was intruding but they asked him to stay. i suppose i find him engaging but know his faults. sigh...

HeyEnidYouveLostWeight Tue 25-Jan-05 15:44:02

I think he is very likeable. I wanted an early night last night but had to watch his totally odd drug trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now