Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

" Something Special" CBeebies

(21 Posts)
linniewith2 Thu 13-Jan-05 23:45:12

Does anyone else watch this? my dd1 2.5 loves it and has even started copying the sign language....hello, look, yes, teddy and doll.

mishi1977 Fri 14-Jan-05 00:16:42

my ds loves this he is 15mths and he waves hello and goodbye and he has started doing please...baby sing is something i tried with him a while ago but he was obviously too young so am going to give it a go again and keep watching justine...lol
take care

Pollyanna Thu 20-Jan-05 21:26:05

just spotted your message - yes my dd2 aged 23 months loves this too. It was just on in the background (I thought) and I suddenly noticed that dd2 was doing the signs. I personally find Justin very annoying though!!

Clayhead Thu 20-Jan-05 21:32:01

I watched dd (3) do the signs today, she loves it.

aloha Thu 20-Jan-05 21:33:49

There have been a couple of threads on this. I emailed the prog to say how fab it was - I think we should all do it! I love Cbeebies, a shining example of truly inclusive programming. And yes, my ds is obsessed with the signs too!

hatstand Thu 20-Jan-05 21:34:53

dd2 seems to really like it. I find it - or rather him - intensely annoying. She thought he was hilarious this morning eating his cornflakes. nope you've lost me there dd.

Mum2girls Thu 20-Jan-05 21:42:36

I'm with you hatstand.

sparklymieow Thu 20-Jan-05 21:47:32

Dd2, 3, loves this too, and she also found the "something special" on the cbeebies website. She came in signing pig, I didn't know where she got it from as she was only 1 when we used Makaton with Dd1. But she loves it and does the signing too

Hulababy Thu 20-Jan-05 21:47:41

My DD is 2y 9m and loves this too. She copies all the signs, and joins in with the song at the end too.

If and when we have baby #2 I am keen to get involved with baby sign, and I know Dd would love to join in with it.

Love the idea of the programme - really great idea I think. Wish there was a bit more of it to be honest too.

lockets Thu 20-Jan-05 21:50:25

Message withdrawn

aloha Thu 20-Jan-05 21:59:46

Hatstand, I hate to break this to you, but the programme isn't actually aimed at you
And anyway, I think Justin is lovely, just not in that way, obviously!
Pig is my favourite sign. Ds is so obsessed he constantly makes up his own.
Something Special will be coming out on video for addicts!

Casmie Fri 21-Jan-05 14:43:41

Really?! They're bringing it out on video?!

FANTASTIC! About bloody time too!

You've made my day, aloha

Blu Fri 21-Jan-05 14:54:59

Mine too! We often don't catch it in the morning rush - I''ll be in the queue for the video

motherinferior Sun 23-Jan-05 17:44:39

My two love it. And, actually, so do I

LipstickMum Sun 23-Jan-05 17:51:53

I think it's great too, but generally can't stand to be in the same room as that truly awful presenter, particularly when he calls out " Mr Tuuuuu-uuuuumble!!!" Drives me insane

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sun 23-Jan-05 18:41:58

I sometimes get that 'hello, hello...please tell me your name' song on the brain. And it WON'T go easily!

Twiglett Sun 23-Jan-05 19:02:36

DS (who will be 4 next month) loves it too and 8 month old DD seems quite transfixed by it

the songs go round and round in your brain don't they

please tell me, please tell me, please tell me your name

Yorkiegirl Sun 23-Jan-05 19:06:53

Message withdrawn

Casmie Sun 23-Jan-05 19:13:00

ds1 has started telling me off when I sign to ds2. "NO Mummy, YOU'RE NOT JUSTIN!"

I'm not sure if he's trying to tell me I'm doing it wrong, or if only Justin is allowed to sign

kymbo Sun 23-Jan-05 19:17:02

Yes,
I think it is brilliant,ds(3yrs9mths) loves it and although Justin is annoying,I like learning the signs too!!

Mog Mon 24-Jan-05 09:49:10

I LOVE Justin - he always makes me smile when he comes on. But then I've been stuck at home with three children under 4 this winter, so maybe I'm going slightly insane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now