Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HORIZON tonight

(7 Posts)
egypt Thu 13-Jan-05 22:12:16

anyone see it? oh god, what are our kids in for?

Frizbe Thu 13-Jan-05 22:12:40

no I've been out, what was it about?

KatieMac Thu 13-Jan-05 22:17:25

Remember there have been shifts in weather pattens for thousands of years.

TTThe first part of the UK that was settled was the Orkneys - that implies much better(warmer) weather then now....and it was only 150 yrs ago that the Thames froze solid each winter - I take all these programmes with a pinch of salt.

egypt Thu 13-Jan-05 22:35:25

basically that we are causing global dimmin by emitting pollution particles into the air, which are blocking out sunlight but we need to reduce this to stop health probs and at the same time global warming is happening far quicker than we thought, and by reducing the global dimming (which we are beginning to by low suphur gases etc) we are letting the global warming contine.....resulting in melting icecaps etc and collosal climate changes, earth disasters, life threatening .... all to happen very very soon..like in 25-100 years time.

was that the longest sentence ever!?

egypt Thu 13-Jan-05 22:36:51

sorry, worried me a bit.....a glass of drambuie too many perhaps. hope you are right katiemac but this was HORIZON and the lasting words were, 'this is not a prediction, it is fact'

ks Thu 13-Jan-05 22:38:55

Message withdrawn

Frizbe Thu 13-Jan-05 23:20:49

Oh right, same thing as was on C4 for 7 days last week, the interview with the head of shell uk was interesting, he's a green! cycles to work every day and was saying that the UK/US governments won't listen to them re what they should be doing! they have a green solution and noone wants to know, so they're just gona keep on selling to us.....I did part of my degree in environmental studies, so know a lot of whats on the progs is true, the c4 one on Sat pm even had friends of the earth saying Nuclear Power is the only way out of it in the timescale left, that I guess or human genetic modification.....time to buy a house on a hill folkes....or get a large boat (am I sounding biblical...argh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now