Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone watch 'Who Rules The Roost'?

(6 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Mon 10-Jan-05 12:11:37

Just wondering if anyone else watched who rules the roost last night.

I must admit I was more than a little shocked. I couldn't beleive it when i saw the children aged 3 and 18 months walking along the worktops, dancing on tables (the 18 month old had a wee on a table), and then climbing up on top of the tele. Although the mum was more fun, she also didn't seem interested in her childrens safety imo, I would never let my two dd2's get away with those.

The husband was more strict and they had a routine which he made sure he stuck to and also did fun things with them, they seemed much more content. Couldn't believe what I was seeing some times.

What did anyone else think?

lou33 Mon 10-Jan-05 12:15:43

didn't see it but i wanted to ask you a question if i may?

are you a new poster or a regular who changed their name while i was away?

Am huge fan of you, miss bubbles, btw

wish i had your confidence.

actually that could be dangerous

marialuisa Mon 10-Jan-05 12:33:03

TBH i couldn't parent the way either of those 2 did. Thought the dad was pretty unpleasant when he was at work and the mum was at home and didn't think the girls were particularly unhappy with either parent.

Have decided we muxt be uptight as the kids on these progs are always stripping off but DD would be horrified at the idea of running around with no clothes on!

BubblesDeVere Mon 10-Jan-05 13:08:13

Hiya Lou33,

I used to be DizzyLizzy, but, wasn't really as regular a poster as I am now, but seen as I

a), am a fan of little britain

b), Look like Ms DeVere

I thought this name would be quite apt.

Amanda3266 Mon 10-Jan-05 13:28:37

I saw this as well. Thought the Mum very laid back and agree regarding the safety issue. Thought the Dad was just horrific - seemed the only way he could discipline was by smacking the children if they did things he didn't like. What's wrong with pulling them away and saying "No" first? As far as I could see the kids were only better behaved with him through fear. This was not a nice programme - had to turn it off as I got so cross with him.

BubblesDeVere Mon 10-Jan-05 13:43:28

I don't think I'll be watching this again, I do prefer little angels more. At least they are shown what they are like before and then have chance to change and adjust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now