Talk

Advanced search

Dragons den who watched it

(43 Posts)
lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 12:01:28

I lOVE d it!!!

LIZS Wed 05-Jan-05 12:08:16

It was good but I was shocked at how some of them seemed so poorly prepared or very nervous when this was their one opportunity to get financial support and exposure.

Shame about the guys with the gadget for the buggy. Couldn't really see anyone paying over £100 for it though - perhaps £50 - unless the parents were so desperate for sleep. Good idea but poorly presented and financial projections were way off.

The Underground Vending Machines will make a packet with so much room for expansion (Tram networks, light railway stations etc) - good luck to him.

nasa Wed 05-Jan-05 12:10:12

it was great wasn't it - those two girls with their fashion shop - rubbish.
Agree that the umbrella business was a great idea

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 12:11:16

yes I htink they shoudle put advertising ON the brollies - make them collectables too

cant find a bbc site to say who lthe blokes were
like d the shitty scot in a sad kind of way!!

nasa Wed 05-Jan-05 12:12:03

the guy with odd facial hair is the founder of Yo Sushi I think

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 12:12:43

and the dishy reather masterfuil aggressive scot?

nasa Wed 05-Jan-05 12:14:20

don't know but I quite liked him too. all the power and money {sigh}

not sure about 'blow' the UKs first blow dry salons!

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 12:19:24

swoon
find a web site

nasa Wed 05-Jan-05 12:31:58

This is all I could find. Not sure which one he was?
"The Dragons are: Simon Woodroffe, the man behind Yo! Sushi and
whose brand includes clothing,Yo! Japan, Publishing Yo! and YOTEL!;
Rachel Elnaugh, an ex-accountant and creator of Red Letter Days, now estimated to be worth around £25m; Duncan Bannatyne OBE, a former ice cream van owner who now owns a chain of health clubs and who is estimated to be worth around £130m; Peter Jones, who set up the Phones International Group and is now worth more than £300m; and Doug Richard, who sold his first software company for over $14m and is now the owner of Library House."

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 12:51:47

goddawful photo but intersting story

nasa Wed 05-Jan-05 13:07:30

god, I wish I was entrepreneurial

lowcalCOD Wed 12-Jan-05 09:58:05

well I woudlnt have backed the suits lady - wodul ratehr spenf £600 on a designeer suit meself

alicatsg Wed 12-Jan-05 10:01:40

me either - they were a tad frumpy for my liking. BUT didn't like the comment from Peter re her ability to run a business after having a baby.

lowcalCOD Wed 12-Jan-05 10:02:28

ooooooooh yes

Sponge Wed 12-Jan-05 10:07:22

I did feel that the woman put money into the suits thing because she felt sorry for her after the Peter Jones comment though so it might have worked in her favour.
Her concept wasn't bad but I agree, if I was going to spend that kind of money on a suit I'd want a nice one.
Do quite fancy the scottish bloke - I think it's the accent and the brusque manner is quite sexy.

LIZS Wed 12-Jan-05 10:07:56

It is funny. I didn't catch her full name, but she looked strangely familiar (I used to work in retailing). Good idea in principle but I remained unconvinced that she could make it work. Missed the first half , what else did they back ?

lowcalCOD Wed 12-Jan-05 10:08:02

we are all sad women arent we
we all love a bastard!

lowcalCOD Wed 12-Jan-05 10:08:41

raar!

nasa Wed 12-Jan-05 10:12:34

ooo, he's all masterful.

I missed it last night, did they give anyone any money then?

lowcalCOD Wed 12-Jan-05 10:14:15

yes lok ont he site
it tells you the winners

LIZS Wed 12-Jan-05 10:15:28

link to "grails" doesn't work - that isn't a very good sign,is it ?

LIZS Wed 12-Jan-05 11:42:12

Got the link to work. Interesting as Rachel Elnaugh is quoted anong the customers. I wonder how long ago the show was recorded.

nasa Wed 12-Jan-05 11:50:08

I could get it to work, quite a nice site

alicatsg Wed 12-Jan-05 11:52:33

don't think they backed anything else.

re Grails - I sort of fit their demographic but would NEVER spend that kind of money on a suit so I think its a niche within a niche they're targeting.

LIZS Wed 19-Jan-05 11:45:56

Beanock - hit or miss ? Think the concept has potential but way too expensive for her niche target market. Also not sure she had enough conatcts to get it into serious production and retailed let alone source a manufacturer in the Far East.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now