Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Balamory

(18 Posts)
Amanda3266 Fri 31-Dec-04 21:21:48

OKay - this is a frivalous thread I know, but what do others think of the new Balamory songs - all jazzed up. I personally love Archie's song ("great inventions, groovy solutions"). PC Plum's is good too and Suzie Sweet's one just kills me ("Suzie's cooking"). I gather she is a bit of a lush - and they have only got her singing her song with Keith Floyd!!

wheresmyfroggy Fri 31-Dec-04 21:22:54

Pc plums is a bit of a queen tribute.....................

Aimsmum Fri 31-Dec-04 21:26:30

Message withdrawn

coppertop Fri 31-Dec-04 21:27:05

I hate Penny Pocket's new song. Ds1 thinks PC Plum's new song is brilliant. Dh actually perves at Miss Hoolie's new cabaret act. <shudder>

lockets Fri 31-Dec-04 21:30:18

Message withdrawn

tillykins Fri 31-Dec-04 21:42:48

ditto lockets

colditzcolditzcold Fri 31-Dec-04 22:05:05

I liked the old pc plum song - I know all the words!

lockets Fri 31-Dec-04 22:06:21

Message withdrawn

Dior Fri 31-Dec-04 23:14:18

Message withdrawn

Davrosthesnowwoman Sat 01-Jan-05 17:21:54

PC Plum's is a mix of Queen & Gilbert & Sullivan!! I think they still use the old "here's your handbag" one when he's not the main song. There seems to be a minor song and a BIG song each episode. That old bag in the shop/cafe is gaga if you ask me, she's got a funny look in her eye.....

TwoIfBySea Sun 02-Jan-05 21:13:40

Since the new songs appeared dst (3) have totally lost interest. They were already peeved at Josie Jump changing and now the songs are messed up.

And it isn't an improvement at all. The old ones were much better, much more catchy and sing-along!

They never ask to see it anymore so I guess that is a vote against from my tribe!

Amanda3266 Mon 03-Jan-05 19:21:21

I am sick of every episode featuring Josie bloody Jump. Can't stand this new one - the old one was much better. This new girl says every line "As-though-she-is-reading-it-from-a-book". Just how did she get the job? Just listen next time she's on. DH reckons she must be shagging the producer -he's such a cynic.
Also Spencer is just plain booorrriiinnngg.

So - any episode not featuring Josie Jump and Spencer is excellent but a big groan is emitted from the adults when they do appear.

yingers74 Mon 03-Jan-05 19:57:07

i like all the new songs especially the new play day one and I have to disagree and say penny's song is great, it cracks me up every time, I love her accent! I also have to say that I don't mind the new josie or spencer!!!

Davrosthesnowwoman Tue 04-Jan-05 11:10:09

Yeah, Josie Jump does seem to be in it a lot, right now in fact. She's prob my least fave character. I wonder if I saw PC Plum's old song in an old episode? Do they still use them if Josie wasn't in it?

alicatsg Tue 04-Jan-05 11:25:37

did anyone see the episode over Christmas withMiss Hoolie's Big Blue Furry Muff? I was with MIL and had to stifle my sniggers in DH's ample belly.

Amanda3266 Tue 04-Jan-05 11:29:46

Miss Hoolie's big furry muff. Oh yes - I thought I was going to have to resuscitate my hubby from his hysterical laughter.
Wasn't there some wonderful line from PC Plum about warming his hands in said "big furry muff" too.

alicatsg Tue 04-Jan-05 11:31:09

(snort) he put it on his head (snigger)

Whizzz Tue 04-Jan-05 11:34:42

I havn't seen this for ages (DS into Nick Jr) but saw an episode over Xmas & couldn't believe how its changed ! They still haven't got Miss Hoolie any new clothes yet though - shame shes only got 1 jumper & skirt (apart from her new sequinned leotard that is)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now