Talk

Advanced search

Hollyoaks made me cry tonight

(19 Posts)
jingleoooggs Mon 27-Dec-04 19:52:18

I thought it was really sad tonight when Debbie opened her present from Dan - who has just died
- and it was a huge diamond ring. It brought tears to my eyes.

And I am probably the only sad chimp who is addicted to it

tillykins Mon 27-Dec-04 19:52:43

yup, just you

misdee Mon 27-Dec-04 19:54:02

no me as well. i was almost sobbing. it was so sad.

tillykins Mon 27-Dec-04 19:54:22

okay, two of you then

jingleoooggs Mon 27-Dec-04 20:03:41

This week it is going to get worse with the funeral etc...... It's real you know

misdee Mon 27-Dec-04 20:04:56

nooooooooo. dan isnt dead. he faked it!

mishiclaus Mon 27-Dec-04 20:26:47

i was sobbing too..dh actually makes me tape it so he can watch it when he comes home....now thats sad..pmsl

jingleoooggs Mon 27-Dec-04 20:35:12

Now your DH is sad, but my DH was at the PC whilst I was watching it and kept asking for an update - but he says he wasn't interested . Both as bad as each other.

(I did tape all two weeks of it when I went on holiday - I think I need some sort of help )

jingleoooggs Mon 27-Dec-04 20:35:12

Now your DH is sad, but my DH was at the PC whilst I was watching it and kept asking for an update - but he says he wasn't interested . Both as bad as each other.

(I did tape all two weeks of it when I went on holiday - I think I need some sort of help )

JudgeFlounce Mon 27-Dec-04 21:24:46

Message deleted

PaRumPumPumScum Mon 27-Dec-04 21:31:12

Sorry to the weeping ones on this thread- I didn't see Hollyoaks tonight so can't comment- but lol JudgeFlounce.

StuffTheMagicTurkey Mon 27-Dec-04 21:32:01

How did Dan die then?

JudgeFlounce Mon 27-Dec-04 21:47:03

Message deleted

PaRumPumPumScum Mon 27-Dec-04 21:58:10

JF- did you ever get beaten up at school for such cynical laughter? I ask because I recall getting a slap from a rather lovely (usually) friend when I couldn't stop taking the mick at said friend (and a small coterie of fellow maudlin saddos) who were weeping copiously in a darkened room whilst listening to a frankly mawkish Led Zepplin ballad on a school journey in Aberystwyth c.1989...

JudgeFlounce Mon 27-Dec-04 22:01:49

Message deleted

PaRumPumPumScum Mon 27-Dec-04 22:13:25

It was a science field trip and we had no choice! Though we were threatened with being sent home at one point for crimes which the fullness of time has blanked from my memory. Do they do that to everyone, I wonder, in a vain attempt to shock kids into good behaviour?

I have since experienced the frustration of being moved by something that others take the p* out of and now sympathise far more with my 15 year old friend of old's hitting out tendencies. Several people claimed that John Prine's magnificent and moving song "Hello in there" was too depressing when I was keen to use it in a recent presentation we had to do for college on old age, for example. What were they on?!? I'm now torn, because my general urge to pour scorn is alive and well but I can't take the pain to the same extent that I wish to give it out. Sob- the perils of morality and age.

JudgeFlounce Mon 27-Dec-04 22:17:12

Message deleted

JudgeFlounce Mon 27-Dec-04 22:17:13

Message deleted

PaRumPumPumScum Mon 27-Dec-04 22:18:12

Good plan. Sleep well, JF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now