Page 2 | Close to me (spoilers) full series

(32 Posts)
faithfulbird20 Wed 10-Nov-21 11:03:25

What's with all the swearing in this? I can't even understand half the swears. It was a good TV show. Also how is the mistress still pregnant? Shouldn't she have had her baby by now?

OP’s posts: |
Shadowside Sat 20-Nov-21 16:47:52

Very, very slow and a lot left unexplained. If anyone's read the book can they please throw some light on some of the plot holes? I did like Connie Nielsen as Jo but thought Christopher Eccleston as Rob was dire. It was still better than Hollington Drive though, which was unbelievably dreadful!

CrazyTimesAreOccurring Tue 23-Nov-21 19:37:21

So may pointless things in this, but mainly what was the point in having "Dog Lady" - and then her rushing off, all of a dither, not wanting to talk?

And Jo's colleague who went from friendly to psychopath apparently in the blink of an eye? What was the point in that plotline?

Utterly stupid

rosegoldwatcher Thu 25-Nov-21 22:34:26

Shadowside

Very, very slow and a lot left unexplained. If anyone's read the book can they please throw some light on some of the plot holes? I did like Connie Nielsen as Jo but thought Christopher Eccleston as Rob was dire. It was still better than Hollington Drive though, which was unbelievably dreadful!

Re-read it today.

In the book there are no Help Me messages, no mermaids, no dog-woman, no estranged best friend, no gardener and no mention of Jo's father.

Anna loses the affair baby on the night of the big reveal.

WhoWants2Know Sat 27-Nov-21 23:00:35

The one thing I liked was a line near the end when Rob says "I did a terrible thing, but I'm not a terrible person."

And she said something like "Is there a number of terrible things you have to do before you become a terrible person?

That did make me think a bit.

workshy44 Mon 29-Nov-21 20:20:10

Honestly one of the worse things I have watched in a long time. It’s such a pity as the premise was very good but there was virtually no plot and zero twists. They were all deeply unlikable and the idea that Anna would fall in love with rob or that she would marry him laughable

mum2jakie Wed 01-Dec-21 14:51:11

Just watched the last episode and think I must be the only person that liked it! I liked the drip feed, red herrings and (relatively) happy ending. The stuff with her childhood and her dad had no relevance though and we never did get any explanation for her injuring herself with the iron as a child. Weird but enjoyable! Better ending than a lot of the shit I've watched lately. (Vigil, anyone??)

Advertisement

Shadowside Sat 04-Dec-21 08:44:35

@ rosegoldwatcher Thank you! If only they had followed the original book storyline it would have made more sense!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in