Page 10 | Sort Your Life Out on BBC1

(275 Posts)
PermanentTemporary Fri 05-Nov-21 07:41:36

Absolutely loved it!

My list of big house jobs includes 'declutter' in every room so I was hoping to put off doing it be inspired. Loved Stacey Solomon though would have liked more from Ivan on the cleaning.

OP’s posts: |
Carriemac Fri 03-Dec-21 15:45:28

Maybe his penis prevented him helping 😳

MeredithMae Fri 03-Dec-21 19:39:40

I thought the same- why did it fall to the daughter? She was absolutely lovely though, but under so much pressure.

Dad looked 18 grin

The mum though- what an ordeal she's been through. My heart really went out to her.

I thought Rob worked his butt off this week and did some brilliant things!

Definitely the best of the series so far, brilliant family, solutions and team work.

lazymum99 Fri 03-Dec-21 20:48:53

I’ve only watched the last 2 and both in rented houses. I just envisage them being given notice to repossess a couple of months after the work.
A bit strange doing this type of thing in rented. Obv they get permission but still risky.

riotlady Fri 03-Dec-21 21:36:39

I’m not normally too sappy at these things but that last episode made me a bit teary! What a lovely family.

Fallagain Sun 05-Dec-21 10:06:09

I thought the same about the girl. I wonder if it was because she was a girl or was it because she had a different Dad.

longtompot Sun 05-Dec-21 10:37:58

I love that this programme shows rentals as well as home owners.
My dd said it was a shame the son and dad wasn't shown the laundry room. Why was it just the daughter? Stacey is quite a trad woman and does seem to like her house just so, so maybe that's why?
I do love seeing her pre Rose looking at the dressing up rail with all the princess dresses and saying she wishes she had a dd to have things like this.
I loved that stick on wallpaper pattern. I'm after something similar but in black and white. The walk in wardrobe area was amazing too. I did wonder why the mum had to go up all those stairs, unless that room had the en-suite?

Advertisement

NowNumber5 Sun 05-Dec-21 11:40:10

Does anyone know where that stick on/peelable wallpaper is from?
I have not seen anything like that before and thought it was ace!

catfunk Sun 05-Dec-21 12:09:47

lazymum99

I’ve only watched the last 2 and both in rented houses. I just envisage them being given notice to repossess a couple of months after the work.
A bit strange doing this type of thing in rented. Obv they get permission but still risky.

@lazymum99 I disagree with this attitude.

People without generational wealth and high earnings deserve to live in comfort too.

If they end up Having to move on sue to lack of security in the private housing sector then at least they've had a good clear out and have learned how to live in an organised manner so it will benefit them in their next place.

catfunk Sun 05-Dec-21 12:10:06

*due not sue !

MeredithMae Sun 05-Dec-21 18:39:05

I hate the lack of security in rentals, but I still make them nice. I can live with the 'could be kicked out tomorrow' risk to live in a nice home in the meantime.

batmanladybird Mon 06-Dec-21 18:15:58

NowNumber5

Yes me too

covetingthepreciousthings Mon 06-Dec-21 18:38:49

NowNumber5

https://jesrose.co.uk/collections/jes-rose-wallpaper

I haven't watched it yet, but was it something like this? There's also vinyl on the same website that lots of people use all over their homes.

riotlady Thu 09-Dec-21 23:22:22

This show makes me so happy every week, properly feel good tv!

It does make me laugh that every week Rob is making like 6 different pieces of bespoke furniture and there’s Stacey fannying around like “I tied all their birthday cards up with ribbon!”

Juniper68 Thu 09-Dec-21 23:24:10

Am watching episode 6. They seem a lovely family. I can't believe how much clutter they have. I hope they let go of a lot?

Rummikub Thu 09-Dec-21 23:24:36

It’s the highlight of the tv week.

I would watch a Rob show.

Did you hear the announcer ask for participants for next series?

LouLou198 Thu 09-Dec-21 23:30:40

Love this show, it has inspired me!! I have organised the office this week and plan to move round every room in the house!

Juniper68 Thu 09-Dec-21 23:41:37

Oh no they're not doing well.

chillied Thu 09-Dec-21 23:49:08

This week is another one where I just don't think it can have happened in 1 week.

Juniper68 Thu 09-Dec-21 23:55:57

I know. There's so much to do.

Juniper68 Thu 09-Dec-21 23:58:58

Just seen a bald guy painting. Shows there's a bigger team.

SingingSands Fri 10-Dec-21 00:06:16

The bit tonight where the parents struggled more with giving away the soft toys than the children really resonated with me. When we were packing to move I asked my kids to thin out their cuddly toy collection and they really tackled it with gusto! They weren't sentimental at all (to my horror grin).
I realised that the memories of the toys were precious to me because I related to them being babies, the kids weren't bothered. I couldn't bring myself to look in the bin bags though, DH had to take them to the charity shop for me. I still get a twinge when I think of some of the toys that left, but I hope they all found lovely new owners smile

Juniper68 Fri 10-Dec-21 00:12:33

I'm not really sentimental but I can understand people being so.

The dad was so emotional. Really loves his family smile

Rummikub Fri 10-Dec-21 00:51:27

Juniper68

Just seen a bald guy painting. Shows there's a bigger team.

Yes I though that too. I also saw a woman that they’ve not shown before,

ButtonSister Fri 10-Dec-21 11:24:25

Rummikub

It’s the highlight of the tv week.

I would watch a Rob show.

Did you hear the announcer ask for participants for next series?

Not that I would want to be on tv but I'm just imagining the comments they'd have about some of my stuff (and my house is nowhere near as bad as the ones on tv)
"Button, do you really need this fabric that you bought to make curtains in 1997 for a house that you left over 20 years ago?'

ButtonSister Fri 10-Dec-21 11:27:32

Last week I did have a blitz on my children's exercise books from school. They are now in their 20's. I had been saving them partly for the blank pages to reuse and partly because one day they might be interested in seeing their Y5 maths homework - all gone now

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in