THE MADAM BLANC MYSTERY - SAT CH5 9pm ish **contains spoilers - title edited by MNHQ**

(67 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Oct-21 12:33:37

Was on Saturday. E1 on demand

E2 on Saturday 23rd Oct

We first meet Jean on a rainy Manchester morning, overcome with grief as she discovers that Rory has shockingly died on his way home from their vintage treasure-trove retreat in the South of France.

Heartbroken Jean then makes the dark discovery that all of their money has disappeared, their shop has been re-mortgaged to the brim and their assets have been pawned off.

With the dwindling remainder of thousands in their joint account eventually spent on Rory’s funeral, Jean finds her life thrown upside down. Until her solicitor tells her that her husband luckily did not sell their cottage in the French antiques hub, Saint Victoire.

However, when Jean finds out that the lavish ring Rory was supposed to bring back to her has gone missing, she notices something is wrong and jets off to Saint Victoire. Will she find the answers she’s looking for?

OP’s posts: |
corblimeygov Thu 25-Nov-21 17:29:04

Ooooh result! Just looked on my iPad rather than the tv in the gym, and they are all in there. Happy days!

corblimeygov Thu 25-Nov-21 17:27:19

I could only see one on My5 !

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Nov-21 17:23:02

I think so @diddl

diddl Thu 25-Nov-21 12:59:02

They're all still on My5 aren't they?

corblimeygov Wed 24-Nov-21 20:17:34

Power cut! So I'm sitting in the Dark and a never got to see the end. Lol. ( it's been off for about 30mins already!) I may aswell go to bed and read my kindle.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Nov-21 19:43:27

Lots @corblimeygov 😂

Advertisement

corblimeygov Wed 24-Nov-21 19:19:27

Been away for a bit and went to watch just now ( on the treadmill again!) and I can only find the last episode ? So I'm watching with interest, previously, the last episode I saw was where the two older people renewed their vows. I've missed loads haven't I ?

diddl Mon 22-Nov-21 17:00:31

icelolly99

Disappointing ending....so was the estate agent a complete fake that no one else in the town had met whilst Mrs White was there? And hadn't the rest of the town met the fake Mrs White already as they thought she was the real Mrs White and not 'the other woman'.... if she was the woman at the crash site why didn't she take the Ruby ring then? I'm confused...
I was hoping that either the police chiefs wife was the baddy or the taxi driving love interest... grin

Wasn't it said that he had been seen with "women", so maybe no one knew?

Didn't Gloria's son take the ring before she could?

The whole thing was preposterous.

I liked the idea but it didn't work somehow?

ChessieFL Mon 22-Nov-21 15:24:33

I feel like I need to watch it again knowing the end result to see how everything ties up.

icelolly99 Mon 22-Nov-21 14:25:19

Disappointing ending....so was the estate agent a complete fake that no one else in the town had met whilst Mrs White was there? And hadn't the rest of the town met the fake Mrs White already as they thought she was the real Mrs White and not 'the other woman'.... if she was the woman at the crash site why didn't she take the Ruby ring then? I'm confused...
I was hoping that either the police chiefs wife was the baddy or the taxi driving love interest... grin

MichelleScarn Mon 22-Nov-21 14:15:42

It's the theme music which drew me in, its fantastically awful!! Who chose it?!
But I do love the v v easy watching of it.

ElftonWednesday Mon 22-Nov-21 14:10:58

I loved it. Sad that nothing was tied up really at the end and that it is over but I hope it will be back for a second series. It made me laugh a lot.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Nov-21 14:06:59

That’s the kind of cheese tv detective I like 😂😂

NeedWineNow Mon 22-Nov-21 13:57:33

I wasn't sure at first but actually ending up liking it. I found it easy and undemanding - the sort of thing you don't really have to concentrate on.

The theme tune was unbelievably cheesy though.

I hope they'll do a second series.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Nov-21 08:17:14

But will Mrs white 2 be back ?

And if she loved him. Why did she run him
Off the road

Or knew he didn’t love her and wanted wife no 1

ChessieFL Mon 22-Nov-21 06:22:46

I hadn’t twigged that her house wouldn’t actually have been sold! Yes, that makes more sense that she might go back.

I’d watch a second series. It was fun if rather preposterous at times!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Nov-21 21:47:29

I assumed she reliesed she loved or at least liked bearded cabi

Plus as she wasn’t a murderer she prob relaxed a bit and reliesed her house hadn’t sold as well so could go back there

Will there be a s2

ChessieFL Sun 21-Nov-21 17:42:08

I did like this series but found the ending rather underwhelming.

What was meant to happen to Jean at the end? She was dropped off at the airport then turned up at the pub. Had she decided to stay? Or just delay her flight? That wasn’t clear.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Nov-21 17:38:26

I was right. Barbara aka estate agent aka other lady

Grenlei Mon 08-Nov-21 11:23:31

I wanted to like this but there's something really am-dram about it, the pace of it seems too slow somehow (I get that it's meant to be slow paced but even so it feels off), and the incidental and theme music is just awful. The scenery is the best bit and that isn't even France grin

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 07-Nov-21 22:56:04

Pink nails lady has changed to red nails and shoes

Fenelladepompom Sun 07-Nov-21 22:36:49

Thought it was shite. Makes Death in Paradise look sophisticated.

melj1213 Sun 07-Nov-21 22:04:13

Yeah that "infra red scanner" was just total nonsense ... as soon as the episode became about art then it was always going to be about forgery/faking paintings so I was just waiting for it all to tie up ...

Also the whole subplot with Xavier and Claudette, they're supposed to have been bffs since they were kids and yet she hadn't had a single inkling that he might not be straight .... I have friends who are gay that I have known since early childhood and there's no way we would have got to their age without at least discussing boys/girls/teen crushes etc

Namechangeforthis88 Sun 07-Nov-21 21:49:29

Just watched, recorded from last night. Struggling to say what was more implausible, the colour blind art copier, or the "Infrared" app. WTF! Infrared is like thermal imaging, not x-ray. Even an x-ray might just about tell you there was another canvas underneath, neither would show you the picture on the canvas underneath. They went too far there.

ChessieFL Sun 07-Nov-21 20:28:34

I’m enjoying this series, nice autumn fare! I wasn’t convinced by the convenient prototype infrared technology app though….

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in