Silent Witness

(352 Posts)
Jemand Mon 06-Sep-21 22:38:27

The series that I can't stop watching even though the storylines are literally incredible. Anyone else clocked Olly for the new lab male totty? How can they possibly manage without Clarissa or someone else in her job?

OP’s posts: |
BillStickersIsInnocent Tue 07-Sep-21 10:19:53

I’m watching!

The University shooting they’re referring to was (I think) the scariest Silent Witness to date. I still think about it sometimes now.

It is very silly though. I miss Clarissa too.

chickensaresafehere Tue 07-Sep-21 17:18:52

We always watch it, but so many plot holes,it's ridiculous!
And YES,how are they managing without Clarissa,when she solved most of the crimes singlehandedly.
Emilia Fox's facial expressions crack me up too.

Nix32 Tue 07-Sep-21 17:25:15

Is this a new series you're talking about?

hopeishere Tue 07-Sep-21 17:25:51

It's so bad now but we still watched. It used to be so interesting about the actual forensics! Now it's them doing stupid risky things that they should get into trouble for!!

9monthson9monthsoff Tue 07-Sep-21 17:30:00

Oooh is there a new series? When did it start?

Jemand Tue 07-Sep-21 19:00:50

Series started last night.

Advertisement

SpamThief Tue 07-Sep-21 19:02:11

Hoooooooow does this programme keep getting re-commissioned!

Jemand Tue 07-Sep-21 19:02:20

I'm already intrigued at the fact that Nikki is going to get involved in whether a killer was or was not suffering from a mental illness at the time of the killing. It's bang outside her field of expertise and any other pathologist would say so and keep well out of it, but not our Nikki.

SpindleWhorl Tue 07-Sep-21 21:48:14

Nikki appears to be Clarissa and Morse rolled into one now.

Throughabushbackwards Tue 07-Sep-21 21:51:24

Sorry to derail slightly - just watching ep. 1

Any clue where Nikki's lovely navy/leopardy coat is from?

SpindleWhorl Tue 07-Sep-21 21:52:58

This is just nuts.

harridan50 Tue 07-Sep-21 21:53:59

Really getting silly now

SuperSange Tue 07-Sep-21 22:01:53

So did she le the man die at the end?

JemimaTab Wed 08-Sep-21 03:12:41

This show does get more and more daft. I wasn’t really gripped by this latest story at all. But on the plus side, I’m alway pleased to see Kevin Eldon (I love him).
Jack looked really different somehow. I almost didn’t recognise him. Or is that my memory playing tricks.
What happened to the deeply implausible American boyfriend? I may have missed a bit, but was he ditched?

Travelledtheworld Wed 08-Sep-21 03:54:43

Just popping in to say I met Emilia Fox in real life.

MyCatEatsPrawnCrackers Wed 08-Sep-21 12:00:44

What was she like @Travelledtheworld ? She comes across as very likeable on Celebrity Gogglebox.

Lansonmaid Wed 08-Sep-21 16:56:38

I started watching Silent Witness on iPlayer over the summer, starting right from the beginning. Amanda Burton was great as Sam Ryan, and just got to series 8 when she left. Gave up watching about 8 series ago when the plots got way to unbelievable. Would recommend the early programs

LyndaSnellsSniff Wed 08-Sep-21 18:02:43

@JemimaTab

Jack looked really different somehow. I almost didn’t recognise him. Or is that my memory playing tricks

I said exactly the same thing about Jack. His eyes looked different somehow. His hair was longer and he seemed shorter!

RuthTopp Wed 08-Sep-21 18:06:07

Yes I think ' Jack ' has had some work done confused
As someone who works in a prison it made me 😂😂😂😂
Tbh most prison dramas do .

JemimaTab Wed 08-Sep-21 18:09:55

I actually thought it was a different actor at first!

AllTheUsernamesAreAlreadyTaken Wed 08-Sep-21 18:24:56

LyndaSnellsSniff

**@JemimaTab**

Jack looked really different somehow. I almost didn’t recognise him. Or is that my memory playing tricks

I said exactly the same thing about Jack. His eyes looked different somehow. His hair was longer and he seemed shorter!

I thought the same!!!! He looked a bit ill.

The storyline was really silly but it’s a fun bit of fluff to watch without much thought.

Emilia’s acting is 🙈

Twinkie01 Wed 08-Sep-21 18:28:34

Jack still looks like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz!

cameocat Wed 08-Sep-21 18:33:45

I was wondering about the unlikely American boyfriend too!

Travelledtheworld Wed 08-Sep-21 20:34:34

@MyCatEatsPrawnCrackers I can't give too much detail as I will blow my cover. I am involved in a sporting activity. I was asked to entertain her and her small daughter for two hours while they took part in this activity.
I didn't know who Emilia was as I had never watched Silent Witness but I did know she was some sort of celebrity. She didn't really speak to me and looked throughly miserable the entire time.
Her little daughter was very chatty for the entire two hours and I took really good care of her. She started to tell me about "Mummy's new boyfriend" until Emilia said "I don't think Travelled really wants to know about that....tell her about school" . So I missed out on some juicy gossip there.
At the end of the activity Emila gave me a £20 tip which I cheerfully accepted but later put in a charity collecting box. And that's my story. No murder involved....

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in