10 Years Younger In 10 Days anyone?

(20 Posts)
DavidTheDog Sun 20-Jun-21 20:34:06

I've just discovered this and it's been my "background telly" this weekend. I used to watch it back in the day, but I was young then. Now I'm older, it's really struck me how much emphasis there is on looking younger.

Listening to the women's stories I wish they'd make it, "Feel 10 Years Younger In 10 Days"!

OP’s posts: |
NotTheCatsWhiskers Sun 20-Jun-21 20:50:22

I don’t like the stylist, she always puts them in these ridiculously glam outfits.

Can’t believe the first woman is 57!

Thewinterofdiscontent Sun 20-Jun-21 20:51:30

Oh dear.
Since when has Jane MacDonald looked in her 30’s? What have they done to her beautiful hair.

ImaHogg Sun 20-Jun-21 20:56:46

Thewinterofdiscontent

Oh dear.
Since when has Jane MacDonald looked in her 30’s? What have they done to her beautiful hair.

That was exactly what I thought!
Why do they make them look like drag queens? So much make up and way too much glittery/glitzy stuff. It actually makes them look older.
I wish they made them look nice and polished in an every day look.

DavidTheDog Sun 20-Jun-21 20:58:28

I don’t like the stylist, she always puts them in these ridiculously glam outfits.

Yes! It's very dating.

This probably reflects more on me, but I don't get looking at clothing rails of different items. I'd much rather wander around Next.

DavidTheDog Sun 20-Jun-21 21:00:04

I wish they made them look nice and polished in an every day look.

Yes, get them started with a capsule wardrobe or some general guidelines for their body and lifestyle.

NotTheCatsWhiskers Sun 20-Jun-21 21:10:11

We’re watching it on catch up. DH just said ‘she looks like Jane McDonald!’

Advertisement

NotTheCatsWhiskers Sun 20-Jun-21 21:15:45

54??? Fuck off!

TheChosenTwo Sun 20-Jun-21 21:26:50

I started a thread on this a while ago, general consensus was they ended up looking like drag queens with the terrible hair and general styling, the public thought everyone was the same age as their granny’s and no one would ever get their hair done by John Vial in real life grin

JustDanceAddict Sun 20-Jun-21 21:50:51

The woman who is 45 looks older with her make-over!!

Rummikub Sun 20-Jun-21 22:36:50

All she needed was better hair care.
She has a lovely face and looked younger pre makeover

viques Mon 21-Jun-21 20:09:28

They do seem to pick the contestants (not the right word, can’t think of the right one) quite carefully, it’s amazing how many of them have stunning figures underneath their baggy jumpers and trackie bottoms.

I want to see a short woman with a fat belly, solid legs and huge arse transformed into Jessica Rabbit...........

HollowTalk Mon 21-Jun-21 20:13:35

The first woman's face was so improved by fillers. I couldn't see the point of them until I saw that. Also her teeth were greatly improved - that makes such a difference. I couldn't see the point in dressing her up in sequins - why not something she'd actually wear every day?

PotassiumChloride Mon 21-Jun-21 21:54:19

The 45 year old just looked tired. I’d have put her in her mid-40s. All she needed was a haircut and a new wardrobe.

Rummikub Mon 21-Jun-21 23:43:15

viques

They do seem to pick the contestants (not the right word, can’t think of the right one) quite carefully, it’s amazing how many of them have stunning figures underneath their baggy jumpers and trackie bottoms.

I want to see a short woman with a fat belly, solid legs and huge arse transformed into Jessica Rabbit...........

Yes!
I volunteer 😂

NotTheCatsWhiskers Sun 27-Jun-21 20:41:43

Is anyone watching this?

Why is she being made to wear joggers and a shirt? Those outfits are terrible.

Rummikub Sun 27-Jun-21 21:30:45

Watching on plus 1
Try he outfits are usually horrendous

Rummikub Sun 27-Jun-21 21:55:36

Lisa’s hair looks lovely

FayeFayeFayeFayeFaye Sun 04-Jul-21 20:16:53

Anyone watching this week?

notacooldad Mon 05-Jul-21 06:08:07

I watched last night.
I missed the 1st 15 minutes though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in