Talk

Advanced search

Married at first sight Australia on E4

(283 Posts)
Honeyroar Mon 29-Jun-20 21:28:12

Anyone watching? The Sydney couple are never going to last. She’s so annoying, surely just on it to get on tv??

Have their ever been a couple from these shows that have stayed married?

OP’s posts: |
bibliomania Mon 29-Jun-20 21:40:50

Liking the other couple, but distance looks difficult.

Honeyroar Mon 29-Jun-20 21:47:22

Yes the Melbourne couple seem very sweet.

bibliomania Mon 29-Jun-20 21:53:31

Eek, Sydney reception is excruciating.

Honeyroar Mon 29-Jun-20 22:24:16

Yes the “ex” is a bit strange! And the bride’s dad.

They’ve all jumped into bed quick enough!

BlueTongueSkink Tue 30-Jun-20 14:21:02

I'm so excited about this, I love MAFS and the Australian one is usually good.
I agree, Sydney couple won't last!

Strawberrypancakes Tue 30-Jun-20 14:32:02

I love the second couple, the Sydney couple are not going to make it!

OnlyFoolsnMothers Tue 30-Jun-20 20:14:24

Loving this show!
Yesterday: the non Sydney couple, the ones who work on a mine, are seriously desperate. Felt a bit sick with all the pda given they were strangers.
The Sydney boy is clearly an arrogant prick.

Tonight The guy marrying Scarlett is so superficial, I hope they show a deeper side to him. I agreed with her mum, he should have spoken to her when waiting at the alter

bibliomania Tue 30-Jun-20 20:26:43

Cringe at "Is that your nana", ill-fitting rings and non-kiss.

OnlyFoolsnMothers Tue 30-Jun-20 20:54:40

What did Nadia expect, seems deluded to the fact she was marrying a stranger

Honeyroar Tue 30-Jun-20 21:19:16

Scarlet’s mum had a point. He was pretty rude, but to be fair he seemed nicer when he was at the ceremony than on the run up to it. Scarlet is going to get eaten alive, she’s too silly

Nadia’s groom looks like Andrew Ridgeley without the tan.

Honeyroar Tue 30-Jun-20 21:23:28

Am watching on +1. Both mothers of the brides not impressed!

Momniscient Tue 30-Jun-20 21:56:48

I'm wondering what on earth the guy was thinking lying through his teeth about his job. As if that's not going to backfire terribly when she finds out?!

Honeyroar Tue 30-Jun-20 22:05:51

Yes that was a strange idea. He’d be better going getting himself that office job! He was actually better than I thought he would be. Her speech, that she made such a fuss about losing, was a bit pathetic. Only her mother laughed!

OnlyFoolsnMothers Tue 30-Jun-20 22:08:04

Lord did she big up those 4 lines she called a speech..:she couldn’t memorise that?

To be fair I think he does have a 9-5 as well, his job description said data entry/ stripper

littlelilypad Tue 30-Jun-20 22:27:43

I'm loving this show!

So far I think Nadia and her husband stand the best chance. Not holding out much hope for the stripper, especially after not telling her when he had the chanceconfused and last nights couple with the crazy ex

MissMarplesHandbag Tue 30-Jun-20 22:31:47

I’ve just started watching it - and what’s struck me, within the first 10 mins, is it’s all so white. Apart from the Lebanese woman, there’s no diversity at all.

PurplePansy05 Tue 30-Jun-20 22:32:40

I'm loving this show blush

PurplePansy05 Tue 30-Jun-20 22:37:51

He didn't lie about his job. His 9-5 is data clerk, he's a stripper after hours. To be fair, this isn't something I'd tell my new husband on the wedding night either! He said he wants to tell her next day. Her mother is slightly crazy and scary. I see why she was upset, but she's so unlikeable. I think this couple (Scarlett + the stripper guy) has sexual chemistry, but they won't last.

Sean + Susan yesterday, definitely a match! Fingers crossed for them.

Nadia is hard work, I see she's guarded, but crikey, her husband is lovely. This border in bed was embarrassing, she's 36! I think he adores her but also deserves someone who will adore him.

Actually can't remember the fourth couple blush

Honeyroar Tue 30-Jun-20 22:43:45

Can’t believe she cabin crew. We spend half our lives stripping off in the aircraft bunks and bonding with new crews we don’t know.

PurplePansy05 Tue 30-Jun-20 22:43:49

OP, there are quite a few couples who stayed married and had children in the European editions. I was reading about this because I find the concept of this show interesting (although let's be honest, we all watch for some cringe or butterflies).

I now remember the Sydney couple. I first liked the girl, then thought she was odd, nervous maybe? Not genuine. The guy loves himself and what was that crazy ex about 😂 This won't last!

TippledPink Tue 30-Jun-20 22:43:56

Her speech HAD to be edited to make her look bad- they wanted her to look stupid after all that fuss she made about losing it and saying how good it was.

Honeyroar Tue 30-Jun-20 22:45:42

Fourth couple - Scottish father, weird ex girlfriend... ring a bell?

PurplePansy05 Tue 30-Jun-20 22:46:12

That speech was so David Brent 🤦🏼‍♀️

PurplePansy05 Tue 30-Jun-20 22:48:07

Honeyroar - Yes, yes indeed! I just remembered after I posted my earlier comments. Yeah, like I said, don't think this will go anywhere, but an ad for her beauty salon, for sure. Great skin, great her, great nails, lips maybe a bit too much, but each to their own 😉

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »