Talk

Advanced search

Grandad's Back In Business - did he get the job? I need to know!

(9 Posts)
mamhaf Wed 19-Sep-07 16:08:00

Dh recorded this and we watched it last night - BUT - the recorder stopped just at the point where Daniel Galvin was about to tell the 17-yr-old and the pensioner which one had got the job.
Can anyone tell me please?

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 19-Sep-07 16:17:41

Do you mean the chef one? The young guy got that one. Older guy wasn't a pensioner though so I'm guessing we may be talking about different episodes here.

mamhaf Wed 19-Sep-07 16:59:36

No, it was the one in the hairdresser Daniel Galvin.
I got all excited then when I saw there was 1 reply! Only to have my hopes dashed.

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 19-Sep-07 17:00:22

hairdressed on the 17yr old got the job......and at the time of broadcasting "Grandad" was still looking for a job in a salon.

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 19-Sep-07 17:05:46

Sorry Mamhaf!
Still at least it bumped it for you smile

Mercy Wed 19-Sep-07 17:06:46

I wonder if any of the older people will get the job sad

What's next weeks episode about?

mamhaf Wed 19-Sep-07 17:26:57

So, QueenofQuotes, presumably it was on the grounds of her being a better hairdresser? Couldn't have been her attitude.

mamhaf Wed 19-Sep-07 17:27:32

I should say thanks QoQ too of course, for putting me out of my misery and dh out of the doghouse.

Mercy Wed 19-Sep-07 17:33:57

The idea seems to be (going by the 2 episodes I've seen) is that younger people can be more easily trained/moulded into what is expected of them by the company, whereas older people aren't so open to new ideas, are less willing to experiment etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now