Talk

Advanced search

Have you seen the Drumming Gorilla advert? Did you realise it was advertising chocolate?

(13 Posts)
margosbeenplayingwithmynoonoo Wed 05-Sep-07 16:32:58

It's certainly a memorable advert, but I can't quite get the message behind it, (except "buy cadburys")

Slubberdegullion Wed 05-Sep-07 16:34:52

Saw it last night. Was most bemused. Normally I'm on the ball with these things but was left very hmm

Is it something to do with Phil Collings?

Slubberdegullion Wed 05-Sep-07 16:39:59

Or is it Collins, the bald chap from genesis? He drums like that.

TinyGang Wed 05-Sep-07 16:42:29

We saw it and were guessing what it was for.

As the gorilla was sitting down, sniffing and the song was 'I can feel it coming in the air tonight..' Dh suggested it was for toilet paper which I thought was brilliant grin

Slubberdegullion Wed 05-Sep-07 16:44:44

blush Oh the song is genesis too..durrrrrr, so maybe it is Phil in the gorilla suit.

Not sure why that would make me want to buy chocolate though.......

lulumama Wed 05-Sep-07 16:45:37

we were equally perplexed, what has a gorilla got to do with dairy milk?>

Slubberdegullion Wed 05-Sep-07 16:50:49

Maybe it will turn into a series of interesting ads of old duffer rockers dressed up as wild (endangered) animals playing their signature instruments.

I'm thinking Elton John in a panda suit playing Saturday Night's alright for fighting.

Memorable like those ghastly 80's benneton ads.

softballwidow Wed 05-Sep-07 18:17:48

I started a thread on this on Friday- thought i was hallucinating as it was on in the middle of big brother and i was a tad tipsy... as was the ad man, obviouslygrin
Even after several viewings, it still makes me pmsl....

pirategirl Wed 05-Sep-07 18:22:02

think the ad agency must have been like, 'oh god not choclate again' we might as well chuck a gorilla suit on someone and make him play the drums, to in the air tonight'

kerching!!!!!!!!!! and some art director said, yeah it wont cost us much, i've got a friend who'll do it for £50.

bingo

everyone remembers it!

PersonalClown Wed 05-Sep-07 18:25:55

They were talking about this on the radio this morning.
I hadn't seen the advert so there was me, PMSL in bed at 7:15am!grin
Doesn't make me want to buy choccy though.

softballwidow Wed 05-Sep-07 18:26:33

it certainly is memorable- an in fact sparked more conversation at work than big brother- so advertising does work...

StealthPolarBear Wed 05-Sep-07 18:34:34

it's on this page

marthamoo Wed 05-Sep-07 18:39:59

I've just seen it (Cadbury's emailed it to me. How Cadbury's got my email address is another matter altogether). Weird. Doesn't want to make me rush out and buy a bar of Dairy Milk though. Well, no more than I usually want to (about 27 times a day).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now