Page 2 | This Country - Series 3

(304 Posts)
GCAcademic Fri 14-Feb-20 23:25:55

Back on BBC iPlayer on Monday at 7.00pm.

Bittersweet as it will be the final series, and will also incorporate a tribute to Slugs / Michael Sleggs.

OP’s posts: |
minou123 Tue 18-Feb-20 22:26:41

Daisy scrubs up well, also. I love what she wears to award shows.

CodenameVillanelle Tue 18-Feb-20 22:33:07

grin that dress is amaze

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Tue 18-Feb-20 22:36:32

Love her all the more now after seeing that dress!

Encyclo Tue 18-Feb-20 23:00:05

I love them so much. I hope they absolutely soar.

My ds19 is the only other person who gets it in my life. He's away in Uni this year. We spent last night sending each other quotes.

Theroigne Wed 19-Feb-20 07:35:24

I love it too, looking forward to seeing Mandy again this series, definitely my favourite.
“What’s the matter with your face, you gone off comparethemeerkats.com or what?” grin

TheTruthAboutLove Wed 19-Feb-20 12:54:16

He looks outstanding as a model as well, those cheekbones!

The ''That reminds me. Sueeee do you want me to turn you over' 'Well if you don't mind. The snow shovel is under the stairs'

It creased me! I wonder if she's still friends with Sandra and the boys too? Threatening Letters was my favourite ever episode, when we find out Mandy stalked Hannah Spearitt!

The80sweregreat Wed 19-Feb-20 17:29:54

My friend and I text each other quotes from this show. The ones that work in the recycling centre are also the ones that work at our one ( im sure of it 😂) they are very similar!

I feel sorry for the vicar : such a put upon individual. I love she got him a golf clock!

The80sweregreat Wed 19-Feb-20 17:31:47

Big Mandy is a scary woman.

mizu Wed 19-Feb-20 18:56:17

I LOVE it. Grew up in a rural area and have friends who grew up in villages in the Cotswolds and it is spot on.

Completely forgot the next series is on, will be watching later.

MortyFide Wed 19-Feb-20 19:06:40

Oh me and DH loooove this, couldn't wait for the new episode and thought it was fab. Great tribute to Sluggs and the characters are just the same.

Definitely miss Mandy, she makes me howl - hope she appears in it later on. I love the vicar too, we often talk in his voice.

Always thought that Charlie looked very handsome at certain angles (and without the curtains), the modelling suddenly all makes sense!

The80sweregreat Wed 19-Feb-20 19:27:06

Charlie is nice.
I remember seeing a documentary about a Scottish lad who looked similar and was a model too. Their faces look carved.

They were so down to earth on the one show! They were so upset about Slugs.
It was sad.

Virgo1958 Fri 21-Feb-20 19:20:12

HMS Lardarse!!!!!!!

Waspnest Fri 21-Feb-20 21:10:40

My friend and I text each other quotes from this show. The ones that work in the recycling centre are also the ones that work at our one ( im sure of it 😂) they are very similar!

Charlie and Daisy were on Steve Wright the other day and I'm sure they said the extras at the tip were real workers.

I love This Country, very dry and funny. I also have a soft spot for The Young Offenders although being BBC 3 I'm sure they're not aimed at me.

EmmaC78 Fri 21-Feb-20 23:08:08

Who needs Christmas shopping - the dump is my John Lewis smile

mizu Mon 24-Feb-20 20:30:54

Just watched the 2nd episode of series 3 and think it might just be the best episode ever. star

EmmaC78 Mon 24-Feb-20 21:04:11

Another great episode. Mandy is definitely my favourite so a shame she only made a brief appearance.

minou123 Mon 24-Feb-20 21:09:18

Episode 2 is really good.

Clunk, Clink.........suck my dick.

Dont know why this is funny, but it had me in stitches grin

ghostlycurtains Mon 24-Feb-20 21:28:06

So many good bits in the most recent one. Kurtain's silent screaming impression was making me laugh so much, and Kerry's absolute joy at the len drama, and screaming over reversing into a bin.

Fckingfuming Mon 24-Feb-20 21:53:22

Was it just me who thought tonights episode would end with a talking head of the vicar realising the car was facing the wrong way when he came back to it, or did anyone else think the same?

CaptainMyCaptain Mon 24-Feb-20 22:19:52

I think the vicar was so distracted he didn't notice the car was the wrong way round. Poor vicar.

Nighttimefreedom Mon 24-Feb-20 22:54:12

No one else I know watches this! I need people to talk about it with. Parsnip pubes made me laugh out loud! Actually loads from tonight's episode did.

BumblebeeBum Tue 25-Feb-20 07:23:45

Really great episode. One of the best.

Theroigne Tue 25-Feb-20 09:47:32

Mandy: “it’s a brick in a pillow case”
Kerry: “she had pubes like the roots on a parsnip”
“Clunk click. Suck my dick”

O M G 😂

The80sweregreat Tue 25-Feb-20 11:20:48

Poor vicar! Poor sod needs a break.
June and her blooming hose! They all take the Micky out of him.
How they tried to ignore big Mandy was also funny! I love this show so much.

The80sweregreat Tue 25-Feb-20 13:24:14

The pube comment made me laugh so much.
The vicar pouring his heart out about his dad! Bless.
It's funny how Kerry realises they all take the Micky out of him , but they do it too!
She is strangely intuitive about others but can't see that they are the same! 😂
It's hard to hate them though. You can tell they are not bad people , just a bit misguided at times.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in