Page 15 | Call the Midwife - nuns but no Nonnatus

(357 Posts)
NumbersStation Tue 11-Feb-20 21:03:40

Just caught up then realised the thread was full.

Sister Monica joan’s flowers.

Cried like a seal.

My garden didn’t bloom and for me the sunshine failed. My buds were perfect but not for here.

And the hairy bud who grew and blossomed in my care soaked up the love.

Missing the three of you more than you know. X

OP’s posts: |
bottleofbeer Thu 27-Feb-20 19:19:12

Dr addict had terrible injecting skills for a doctor.

SprogletsMum Fri 28-Feb-20 08:03:11

Sunday's episode had me in absolute floods of tears. I think it's the first time CTM has made me cry but it reminded me so much of losing my nan to lung cancer not long ago, even down to the complaints about the mattress giving her pain in her shoulder blades sad

EnidBlyton Mon 02-Mar-20 08:54:34

just watched the last episode.
us eastenders must stick together

funny

FaithInfinity Mon 09-Mar-20 18:09:14

Just caught up...couldn’t motivate myself to watch the last episode for ages!

bottleofbeer to be fair, if you’re injecting regularly it knackers your veins until you’re struggling to find anywhere. I did feel like it escalated too quickly from May to November with the addiction story line.

I guessed the oesophageal cancer because of personal experience and the field I work in. The question remains where did she get a 99 in November? I thought that part was handled well though. I used to be an elderly nurse. Honestly I lost count of the number of people who I sent home to get some rest only for their loved one to slip away while they were gone. flowers for everyone it resonated with.

OakleyStreetisnotinChelsea Mon 09-Mar-20 20:54:38

I've been watching from the start.

My goodness I'd forgotten how good it used to be. That episode in series 2 when the mum with 8 kids went for an abortion and it was interspersed with Trixie doing her nails. The drip of nail polish in the table and the drip of blood on the floor.

Brilliant television. Gut wrenching.

They are all so young, like they should be. Now they are all on the shelf, old to be unmarried and no new naive slips of girls coming in.

HowDoesTheCow Tue 10-Mar-20 07:13:49

I have finished my rewatch from the start. It seems to me that series 6 was where it all went wrong. It's a slow and steady descent throughout the series.

Smithtylater Wed 01-Apr-20 12:48:39

Call the Midwife has been my lockdown Binge watch. Forgot how good the early seasons are...they are much better watching them second time round !

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in