Page 10 | Rio and Kate : becoming a step family

(235 Posts)
covetingthepreciousthings Mon 10-Feb-20 19:41:43

Anyone else going to be watching this tonight?

I watched the first one with Rio talking about the grief of losing Rebecca, it was so heartbreaking what the family all went through, I'm so pleased he seems to have found happiness. He seems like a nice guy.

BBC 1 at 9pm tonight.

OP’s posts: |
Starksforthewin Sun 16-Feb-20 03:49:29

@CantSayJack
I agree with every word of your post, you’ve summed up the thoughts I had watching the programme.

Kate was deeply unpleasant and egotistical on Towie and now she is trying to convince us she is Mother Theresa.

Rio is a shit, with a track record of appalling infidelity. Kate saw her chance, and definitely has £££ signs in her eyes.

She tried to make the viewers feel sorry for HER. Not the young woman who died, having to leave her children behind, or the children themselves, HER.

The moving of the photos and her desire for a new kitchen that “wasn’t Rebecca’s” was so insensitive.

I note the wider family wasn’t included in the programme. Rebecca’s family is probably disgusted and still grief stricken. I hope they get to see the children.
You could see Rio’s father was NOT impressed with his son’s behaviour, moving Kate in so quickly.

Totally selfish pair, exploiting those children for their own “celebrity”.

WhatKatyDidNot Sun 16-Feb-20 09:38:49

Thinking back now, Rio's father didn't seem particularly keen on Kate.

oncemorewithfeeling99 Sun 16-Feb-20 09:46:18

If they honestly were putting the children first they would never be making this documentary. The poor children have lost their mum, then their gran, then in an incredibly short period of time dad marries a young woman. Even if all this is as well intentioned as possible, it still is hugely difficult time. You don’t parade your children on TV like that. As a dad, it’s his job to put the children first and protect them. Instead he had made their childhood a circus. I’m livid about it actually.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Sun 16-Feb-20 09:55:18

Rio's dad made his feelings very cleargrin

I can't believe Kate actually said "I thought we were the only ones going through this." Really, you thought you were the only step/ bereaved family?" Talk about egocentric!

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Sun 16-Feb-20 10:36:57

Did Rio smile at all during the documentary?I didn't see him once engaged with his kids,he's very dead eyed. And yes, he lost his wife and mum in the space of two years and is grieving, I would think even more of a reason not to get married so quickly.

purpleme12 Sun 16-Feb-20 10:39:54

I just thought he was one of those people that don't smile loads some people don't. I don't know much about him I'm just going from the programme

Wineislifex Sun 16-Feb-20 10:48:43

I thought it was a hard watch, those kids in the support group talking about their experiences was heartbreaking. Rios dad came across as quite nasty I thought, Kate seemed like a rabbit in the headlights and Rio dead behind the eyes. I cringed when she was talking about wanting to change the house and take the photos down, although I do understand where she’s coming from but maybe it was all a bit too much too soon? I feel so sorry for the kids, I hope they are as happy as the can be given the circumstances.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Sun 16-Feb-20 11:04:39

I just don't see the hurry to get married. They're loaded, she could have a flat nearby,they could see each other every day, spend lots of time together and just take things gradually. She would have her own space and wouldn't feel the need to rip out the kitchen - dear God,those poor kids,they'd have had so many memories of their mum in that kitchen all togethersad

Kate looked like a rabbit in the headlights due to the shocking amount of Botox she's had!

CallMeOnMyCell Sun 16-Feb-20 15:12:58

I agree, really don’t see why taking the photos down was necessary and Rio was so insensitive when he told the kids. Kate should have just sucked it up, Rebecca is no threat to her.

Oblomov20 Sun 16-Feb-20 15:42:29

"What next a book or series called 'The StepMummy Diaries' where she muses on the hardship of marrying a multi millionaire and organising PE kits?

Oh god. You're probably spot on."

gringringrin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in