Page 2 | The Split series 2 ***expect spoilers***

(265 Posts)
BehindTheGreenDoor Mon 10-Feb-20 15:16:52

Starts tomorrow at 9. Any fans around?

OP’s posts: |
ChanChanChan Wed 12-Feb-20 22:48:32

Loved series 1 and have binged through to s2 ep4. Saving the last two for tomorrow, I don't want it to end!

Gosh, end of ep 4 with Hannah beng hugged by her mum and sister, that had me in tears. I felt a lot more sympathy for Nathan than at any other point so far. But will he realise that even if Hannah did/does love Christie, she also loves him and has chosen him at every point? I'm rooting for them to make it together now.

Oblomov20 Wed 12-Feb-20 23:01:55

Finished all 6 now. Enjoyed. Good ending. The correct ending.

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 12-Feb-20 23:09:07

I only heard about the show a couple of days ago and hammered season 1 just in time. Watched the first 2 of s2 today and love it.

It feels more on edge somehow, so many secrets waiting to be discovered and cause potential explosions. I like Rose more this time, still don’t like Nina. She’s so brittle. The thieving annoys me so much. I’m worrying about poor Fi! Does she come out on top...? Watching the next one when I get a chance tomorrow.

Maighdeann Thu 13-Feb-20 03:34:53

@mrs I cried too

mizu Thu 13-Feb-20 07:20:30

Chanchanchan me too! Got 2 more episodes left and really enjoying it.

Oblomov20 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:24:59

Loved the ending. It felt right.

Actually my favourite bit was Nina and the fiancé, at the end!

millerjane Thu 13-Feb-20 08:50:45

Terrible acting tbh

Maighdeann Thu 13-Feb-20 11:41:00

Loved it. I binge watched it yesterday. Am a bit sad it's over. Hopefully, we don't have to wait too long for the next installment as Nina and Tyler's last scene together can't wait two years to be expanded on.

Love the clothes, family dynamics, style, houses and the soundtrack but mainly Nicola Walker. Isn't it interesting to see a non botoxed/fillered woman on screen.

AppleYumYum Thu 13-Feb-20 11:46:34

Loved it and despite being so tired I couldn't stop and binge watched the whole thing. I think Nicola/Hannah is gorgeous, Christie didn't look as good as last series but still I think they're an equal match if you imagine a past history and mental match.

That fox! I thought of Fleabag! I was sure there was going to be a kids finding mauled rabbit scene, with some kind of analogy of her being finally caught out by her past.

AppleYumYum Thu 13-Feb-20 11:50:26

I'm really thrown by Nina's kiss at the end, does that mean he's just been acting and playing along to get Zander's money, or he's just got more in common with Nina and it just happened? Drama drake to come there. I hope there is Series 3 soon!

I still wanted Hannah to end up with Christie but did agree with previous poster re feeling genuinely sorry for Nathan this time. Still, the ending was the realistic one.

snowballer Thu 13-Feb-20 13:24:37

Urgh am I the only who can't stand Christie?! He's such a creepy toad!

Tarararara Thu 13-Feb-20 15:14:08

Just binged it - loved it!

Nicola Walker is 49 in real life, but I think she is supposed to be 42 in the show (married for 20 years, which was 3 years after they all met in law school - did I get that right?).

She has really striking eyes.

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Thu 13-Feb-20 16:49:55

How on earth could you come back from the 'sex with him was better' comment -you just couldn't,could you?

mirage937 Thu 13-Feb-20 19:21:58

i wish there was more Nina and Xander's partner. As for Rose did she only have 1 dress

ChanChanChan Thu 13-Feb-20 21:32:51

Finished last 2 episodes today. Cried again. I guess the ending is more realistic and of course it leaves it open for series 3, yay!

I thought that kiss between Nina and Tyler was a shame, only because I like happy endings though. But great for the plot.

Awrite Thu 13-Feb-20 22:02:17

Don't want to read too much as I'm only on episode 3.

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying series 2 more than series 1. Totally love Nina.

I'll be back once I've finished.

countrybumpkunt Thu 13-Feb-20 22:09:58

I don't think her eyes are striking at all?? Sorry but to me she just looks like a plain Jane. When that fi husband said your listening to a yummy mummy referring to Nicolas character I just don't see at all how she is a yummy mummy. Nina would be the yummy mummy but not hannah. Sorry but I think hannah is not all the sex symbol they trying to make her out to be. She just looks worn out and they could have cast better.

Awrite Thu 13-Feb-20 22:14:05

Awe, come on - she's brilliant, powerful and they have a shared past. First love and all that. He's in love with the uni version, he sees the uni version.

I look at dh and see a young man. We are middle aged.

BehindTheGreenDoor Thu 13-Feb-20 22:14:22

I was pleased about the Nina kiss because from the first episode I was thinking hmm she has much more chemistry with him than he does with Zander.

OP’s posts: |
lynsey91 Thu 13-Feb-20 22:24:40

I didn't like Christie in the first series and liked him even less this series.

The end made me cry. I felt so sorry for Nathan and their children. Yes I know he was unfaithful but I still think she was worse having slept with Christie the night before her marriage and then having an affair with him.

hernamewasrio Thu 13-Feb-20 22:27:40

I need to know what brand Hannah's work bag is!? I want one like it that isn't a Bayswater....

Absolutely love the series but so hard for me not to think of Nathan in Green Wing! I just love him!

AndWhatNext Thu 13-Feb-20 22:30:07

The ending was good, felt right. Really made me cry.

Nina and Tyler 😲

ChanChanChan Thu 13-Feb-20 22:32:07

@countrybumpkunt She just looks worn out and they could have cast better

what?!? To my eyes Nicola Walker looks like a beautiful, natural 40 something woman. Really lovely to see some lines and non-botoxed, filled faces. Not worn out at all.

And better cast?!? Perhaps we were watching different actors and programmes... smile

Greysparkles Thu 13-Feb-20 22:39:00

Just finished it, cried absolute buckets.
Also I've seen Stephen mangan in loads of things, but find him very attractive in this...

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Thu 13-Feb-20 23:25:05

I don't think her eyes are striking at all?? Sorry but to me she just looks like a plain Jane. When that fi husband said your listening to a yummy mummy referring to Nicolas character I just don't see at all how she is a yummy mummy. Nina would be the yummy mummy but not hannah. Sorry but I think hannah is not all the sex symbol they trying to make her out to be. She just looks worn out and they could have cast better

She's not meant to be a sex symbol. confused

She was cast brilliantly,I was slightly distracted by her beautiful watch when she kissed Nathan though wink

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in