10pm BBC 2

OP’s posts: |
Seetheprettysnowdrops Wed 05-Feb-20 20:16:09

What's the ten minutes one called?

CaptainHammer Wed 05-Feb-20 20:32:23

@Seetheprettysnowdrops I think that’s Once Removed from the last series

OP’s posts: |
PlomBear Wed 05-Feb-20 21:48:35

Tried to watch on iplayer but can’t find it?

Seetheprettysnowdrops Wed 05-Feb-20 22:06:25

Thanks Captain. I'll check that one out

Lottapianos Wed 05-Feb-20 22:09:36

What did people think of episode one in this series? One of their lighter episodes. I'm always stunned by how much characterisation and story they manage to pack into 30 minutes

DappledThings Wed 05-Feb-20 22:15:47

Just watched it this evening. I thought it was another good one.

Had to rewind to catch what it was they said the press called Ralf Little's character when he cried and his eyeliner ran. It was worth rewinding.

It was Linesman Minelli in case anyone else missed it!

BehindTheGreenDoor Wed 05-Feb-20 22:18:07

I know Lotta you have more of a feel for the characters than you do in a 6 part series sometimes.

Bluewavescrashing Thu 06-Feb-20 10:36:51

I didn't love it but mainly because football turns me off in general. Ralph Little is adorable though.

AutumnRose1 Thu 06-Feb-20 22:56:55

I’m not into football but thought it was very good

Almost lost pace in the last few minutes but then I saw why. However, if I had been a football fan, I might have seen it coming? Not sure.

DesdamonasHandkerchief Sat 08-Feb-20 12:33:19

I've just discovered these after reading in a previous tv thread about the 12 Days of Christine episode. I've been binge watching from series one episode one onwards. It's like opening a treasure trove, now on last episode of series 3 - some real gems 💎 My favourites/most disturbing have been Tom & Gerri (the one with the homeless man who returns the flat owners wallet and then moves in) and The Harrowing (the gothic babysitter episode). The Riddle Of The Sphinx (Crossword setter episode) was also very clever.
I'll be sad when I've watched them all!

AutumnRose1 Sat 08-Feb-20 20:18:04

Des similar favourites but I think my top one is the call centre one.

Can’t recall the name.

Mate of mine was really disturbed by The Harrowing.

DesdamonasHandkerchief Sat 08-Feb-20 20:26:27

AutumnRose yes, call centre one was excellent, I watched that yesterday. I'm assuming we were meant to think it was the Jane Horricks character? I was certainly surprised by the twist.

Lottapianos Sun 09-Feb-20 11:25:26

The call centre episode is one of my favourites. It's very funny but theres such a creepy sense of dread the whole way through. The twist in the last 5 seconds is really something!

They are such brilliant writers

AutumnRose1 Sun 09-Feb-20 11:32:08

Lotta

I didn't see it as it aired. Someone at work told me there was a twist right at the end. There is a timer on my TV thing and it showed me that 29 mins had gone and I was thinking, what on earth can it be?

Brilliantly done. Spectacular.

I wonder if these incredibly talented writers do more with a format that's shorter - like Phoebe Waller Bridge. There is no filler and they wouldn't want it anyway.

beckywiththeshithair20 Sun 09-Feb-20 11:38:13

So pleased this is back. They are amazing writers and the first episode of the new series didn't disappoint although I did think Reece is looking a bit old now!!! Maybe he was meant to for the role...

Most memorable episodes for me - Zanzibar, sardines, the bill and the one with the missing shoe. 12 days of Christine kills me every time.

AutumnRose1 Sun 09-Feb-20 11:47:55

Becky yes, he was meant to have done all his "when I was" from 1992.

at one point he made me LOL so hard I missed a serious bit and had to rewind.

DesdamonasHandkerchief Sun 09-Feb-20 11:59:36

Have now watched half of series 4, only three episodes unwatched to go 😢 Once Removed (10 minutes back) is so clever I watched at as shown and then watched it chronologically as well blush Zanzibar (Shakespearean farce) so funny and clever Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room (Crackers and Cheese double act reunion) very moving.
I'm almost glad I didn't see this when broadcast because binge watching has been such fun and brings home how different they all are to each other and how clever the writing and characterisation is. It's a series that absolutely should be dripping with awards.

AutumnRose1 Sun 09-Feb-20 12:01:29

Yes, I watched them as they were on and then my best friend binged on S1&2 and I was quite jealous!

I remember Zanzibar had a very distinctive style and then I realised it was the same director as a music video or something...

they are all just so overwhelmingly clever.

AutumnRose1 Sun 09-Feb-20 12:02:36

for any other writers on this thread, I read that Steve Pemberton said they just write as much as possible and then see what works. Probably all of it works and this is a very fine edit.

I think Pemberton is partly why Whitechapel is so terrific - though hats off to all else involved of course.

5foot5 Mon 10-Feb-20 22:35:47

Oh God that was creepy! Reusing some character from Psychoville

CalmConfident Mon 10-Feb-20 22:38:29

Creepy, funny and icky in equal measure. They are so inventive and clever !

CoolCarrie Mon 10-Feb-20 22:43:43

Did someone say that all the early series are on Netflix?
I love 12 days of Christine , the one on the sleeper train, and the one with the pop star and the balloon, they are such clever writers and actors.

DesdamonasHandkerchief Mon 10-Feb-20 22:44:25

"John Dunn"
"John did, David, John did"
grin Comedy gold!
Watching slightly behind. It's a good one so far!

AutumnRose1 Mon 10-Feb-20 22:49:34

OMD that was something else. And perfect ending, so perfect.

All old seasons on iplayer at the mo.

I never watched Pyschoville. I’m not good with blood and gore, even comedy wise. Would I be able to cope with it?

Crockof Mon 10-Feb-20 22:51:18

It was brilliant, funny more than freaky tho.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in