Page 2 | The Masked Singer: Will we ever get to the point of identifying Hedgehog? Thread 3

(685 Posts)
AngelOfDeathNix Sun 02-Feb-20 18:43:36

Continuing from thread two - Will Tree Shed His Leaves?

OP’s posts: |
Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:09:37

Well, I said Rhydian straight away but eh doesn't fit a lot of the clues.

Rhubarbisevil Sun 02-Feb-20 20:10:01

Billy Connolly appeared in The Hobbit directed by Hugh’s non-relation Peter.

OutwiththeOutCrowd Sun 02-Feb-20 20:10:14

If a McGann brother, I would actually go for Stephen. One of the other clues included the words who do you think you aria and Stephen has an interest in genealogy - thanks Google - and has written a book about his ancestors.

Chipstick10 Sun 02-Feb-20 20:10:18

You lot have put me off it being Boe now. One of the McGann brothers is good . I’m so flaky

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:10:51

Yeah , I agree wine. That is not a real posh accent.

Rhubarbisevil Sun 02-Feb-20 20:12:44

Hugh Jackman starred in the Eddie the Eagle film. I don’t think Brad Pitt turned it down first.

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:13:12

Not convinced by McGanns . Sorry.

NumberMonkey Sun 02-Feb-20 20:13:22

I’ve thought Alfie Boe for Hedgehog since the start. Then Lorraine Chase for Octopus blush. Dh thinks they are both ridiculous suggestions

itswinetime Sun 02-Feb-20 20:14:33

Chipstick that's my problem I think I know I'm sure then I come here and get my mind changed! The only 2 I have got on my own and stuck solid with are Queen bee and fox but then I think that majority are with me on those.

Chipstick10 Sun 02-Feb-20 20:15:28

Definitely a put on posh voice

Chipstick10 Sun 02-Feb-20 20:17:46

itswine l too am stuck solid with Fox snd Queen. I have seen DVO on the west end stage, it’s definitely her

itswinetime Sun 02-Feb-20 20:17:56

I remember hedgehog talking about a ball I don't remember anything about a Bow

If the have managed to get Hugh jackman it will be the booking of the century!

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:18:23

She's very giggly, Octopus. Which makes me think Jenkins who annoys the hell out of me with her upbeatness and 'charm'.

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:19:16

The bow was showing the judges he has 'another string to his bow' in the VT. He really practically shouted it.

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:19:40

Sorry, that wasn't meant to imply you are deaf wine!

SquitMcJit Sun 02-Feb-20 20:21:49

Isn’t it Alexander Armstrong? He has Irish heritage, sings and there was some heavy handed Pointless reference last night?

ShesGotBetteDavisEyes Sun 02-Feb-20 20:21:50

But none of the others have put on fake accents so why would hedgehog be allowed to? Alfie boe is really properly northern if you listen to him speak. Same with Jason manford.
It’s not Jason manford or Alfie boe, I promise you!

ShesGotBetteDavisEyes Sun 02-Feb-20 20:23:12

For a start they both have decent careers going at the mo (manford is on his own Saturday night show - first and last and Alfie boe tours/sells loads of records) - the people on this show are decidedly yesterday’s news!

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:23:52

We don't know that : pretty sure Octopus is disguising an accent.

ChicCroissant Sun 02-Feb-20 20:24:28

Just booking my place on the new thread - one of the McGann's is an interesting idea, but for the moment I'm sticking with Michael Ball/Hedgehog, DVO/fox, Nicola Roberts/Bee, CeeLo/Monster and Katherine Jenkins/Octopus.

Although once I read hints on here, I'll instantly change my mind grin

itswinetime Sun 02-Feb-20 20:24:54

Jenkins fits the most clues for sure it's just and I have never really listen to her so maybe I just believe the hype I thought she was a better singer. Octopus can be brilliant but some of the vocals there have definitely been wobbles I wouldn't expect from her.

Has Boe been in hairspray and or cats? I'm still learning towards a comedy/ presenter type especially with the Billy Connolly picture.

ShesGotBetteDavisEyes Sun 02-Feb-20 20:25:25

I think octopus is Ashley Roberts from pussycat dolls. There have been several pussycat doll references.

InvisibleWomenMustBeRead Sun 02-Feb-20 20:25:27

Checking in although I've no idea who it is!

leghairdontcare Sun 02-Feb-20 20:25:43

What are the clues which exclude Rhydian? (I admit to fast forwarding). It sounds exactly like him!

Piggywaspushed Sun 02-Feb-20 20:26:19

I do agree that Manford is too busy (and Ball). Boe keeps popping up on carp like Jane McDonald. though.

Where was the Pointless reference?

AA doesn't fit lots of the clues. Another poster said it sounded like his singing range but I think his voice is deeper.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in