Channel 4 🎉 🥳

BestIsWest Sun 12-Jan-20 18:57:20

Is it a repeat or a new episode?

Lordfrontpaw Sun 12-Jan-20 18:59:06

New new new new new!!! Very excited...

Rolypolybabies Sun 12-Jan-20 19:03:51

Repeat. Breakfast sets episode 1

PurpleDaisies Sun 12-Jan-20 19:04:39

I watched this Wednesday. Love this series.

SchadenfreudePersonified Sun 12-Jan-20 19:07:24

Thanks for the heads up!

Clangus00 Sun 12-Jan-20 19:21:04

A repeat of Wednesday's episode.

yorkshireteaspoonie Sun 12-Jan-20 19:52:01

I've tuned in halfway through... why is the judge crying all the time??

Lordfrontpaw Sun 12-Jan-20 19:54:14

He’s very emotional - Paul Hollywood shakes your hand and this guy cries into your eggcup!

yorkshireteaspoonie Sun 12-Jan-20 20:04:42

Aah I see! Might watch it on plus one and catch up

FramingDevice Mon 13-Jan-20 06:55:06

Melanie Sykes is doing some serious gurning.

Lordfrontpaw Wed 15-Jan-20 21:17:06

Where is it! I can’t find it!

FramingDevice Wed 15-Jan-20 21:20:46

More4.

Findumdum1 Wed 15-Jan-20 21:34:58

got it! keep forgetting its on more 4. You can watch online for anyone looking.

Loved those minatures!

Findumdum1 Wed 15-Jan-20 21:35:36

and yes Melanie is, officially, overdoing it

SchadenfreudePersonified Sat 08-Feb-20 09:58:10

Does anyone else find Rosalind's voice really, really AWFUL?

To me it's like squeaky chalk on a blackboard. (Her pottery is lovely, though).

SchadenfreudePersonified Sat 08-Feb-20 10:02:22

The miniatures were stunning!

And so were most of the chess sets. The right one went home. But as he said - he's young and he'll be back.

That sort of "ombre" coffee set was beautiful. And I loved the penguins (yes - I know - I've conflated umpteen weeks, but I binged watched the first three last night).

I was glad the tiny girl with the pink hair went home in week two (the illustrator). She seemed very much a one-trick pony. Used the same ideas in week two as week one. I was sorry to lose the ginger bloke in the first week, just because I thought he was likeable, but he did give the poorest offerings, so 'twas fair.

Findumdum1 Wed 12-Feb-20 21:31:53

anyone watching tonight? few drama queens coming out tonight!

SchadenfreudePersonified Thu 13-Feb-20 10:38:05

Excellent - I'll be onto catch-up later.

mrswhiplington Thu 13-Feb-20 15:53:41

Rosalind's daughter sounds just like her.grin

SchadenfreudePersonified Thu 13-Feb-20 16:45:33

HaveI missed an episode somewhere? I've just watched the lamps episode (well done, Jacob!) and haven't noticed any drama queens or Rosalind's daughter. I have been known to fall sleep and not be aware that I've dozed off though, so have I done that?

Having said that, I can't stand Rosalind's voice - it really cuts through me - so maybe it's just as well. She's like a porcelain doll and irritates the heck out of me - but I do love her pottery. The sheep were great!

BeaLola Thu 13-Feb-20 18:39:11

Rosalind rang her daughter at the end of this weeks episode to tell her she had got star potter & tbh I thought blimey she sounds just like her Mum. DH isn't keen on Rosalind - he says her face is scary-too many fillers or something.

I like the young lad who has 2 exhibits through - cant recall his name but he is good & has great manners !

I tried not to laugh too much last night when Keith was telling Ronaldo & the other chap that the breasts weren't in proportion …. the best thing about the programme is Keith - he comes across so well - I would be gutted if on one of those other threads on MN where people comment on how awful a certain person was in real life someone mentioned Keith - he is adorable.

Findumdum1 Thu 13-Feb-20 19:43:32

There's been another episode since the lamp one. Yes her voice is v irritating!

SchadenfreudePersonified Thu 13-Feb-20 20:39:03

her face is scary-too many fillers or something

I agree with your DH, BeaLola - she's like Bride of Chucky. She had her hair fastened back and I thought at first she'd had it cut - it looked so much nicer and took years off her.

It's Jacob who has the 2 exhibits - he's lovely!

<wishes DD would bring home a Nice Young Man like that instead of the wastes-of-space she seems to like - well, never mind, such is life>

I'll have to see if the other episode is on catch-up tomorrow. It wasn't tonight.

Glad I'm not the only one whose teeth are set on edge by the Voice Findum

SchadenfreudePersonified Fri 14-Feb-20 20:50:20

Just finished watching it. Matt had me in stitches a couple of times with his very dry and caustic wit.

And hearing Rosalind and her DD on the phone was just . . . creepy . . . those two mechanical squeaky voices, with identical intonation and stress . . . chilling

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »