Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone watch "Outnumbered" on BBC1?

(24 Posts)
littlelapin Tue 28-Aug-07 23:13:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mollymawk Tue 28-Aug-07 23:16:18

Yes, me - and I came straight here to see if anyone else had seen it!
I liked it - and was very impressed with how the director (I assume) had got the children to be so natural. Maybe they were just playing. Imagine the hours and hours of unused film though...

MrsThierryHenry Tue 28-Aug-07 23:17:26

Missed it, sadly. Do you know whether it will be repeated on another channel? I heard an interview about it on Radio 4 this evening: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/frontrow/ - can't remember what they said about working with the children but I remember it was interesting!

unknownrebelbang Tue 28-Aug-07 23:18:06

Loved it, and as the mother of older children, it was very near the knuckle in parts.

littlelapin Tue 28-Aug-07 23:18:31

unknownrebelbang Tue 28-Aug-07 23:20:17

www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2007/08_august/17/outnumbered_production.shtml

This link gives some info about the children, amongst other things.

littlelapin Tue 28-Aug-07 23:25:52

KerryMumbledore Wed 29-Aug-07 00:15:09

The only thing I could think while watching it was:

I bet the writer is a mnetter - or trawled through mn while writing.

I thought overall it was a bit unrealistic. Like the kid with the drill. Oh, please let me have the drill darling, blah, blah, blah and then finally giving the kid a fiver just to get the drill off of him? hmm Don't thinkso!

cornsilk Wed 29-Aug-07 00:19:21

I saw the end - looked quite funny.

mylastrolo Wed 29-Aug-07 00:46:10

it was good they are far more calmer than we are in the mornings blush funny true to life.

littlelapin Wed 29-Aug-07 07:40:51

peanutbear Wed 29-Aug-07 07:44:48

Its our house sometimes my DH also lol when she sat down on the laptop

I loved the littl girls drawing bit there are times when you just wish you hadn't asked

littlelapin Wed 29-Aug-07 07:46:22

MummyPenguin Wed 29-Aug-07 10:50:10

Apparently, a lot of the children's parts aren't scripted, so the adults have a lot of it thrown at them which makes it more realistic and natural.

I found the Mother quite annoying. The little girl looks a lot like her, they could pass for real Mum and Daughter in RL.

It's on again tonight.

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 29-Aug-07 10:51:48

We wanted to watch it but were far too knackered to stay up till 10.30, due to having children grin

is it good then? Shall we take pro-plus and make the effort for the next episode?

MummyPenguin Wed 29-Aug-07 10:54:28

It's not bad. You're right, it is on quite late. I was puzzled at why I couldn't see it in the listings mag, but I hadn't looked far enough down! It's not the sort of thing that you really wouldn't want to miss, but worth a watch and you can definitely relate to a lot of it.

Joanie Thu 30-Aug-07 14:31:01

hmm it was a bit dull wasnt it?
The kids dialogue semed v realistic though, v deadpan. The little girl talked just like mine (ie bit hard to undertsnd sometimes)
How much water does it take to fill an elephant?.(pause)...you know if it had a special flap on its back you could open! Liked that. Mind you tried that on my dh later and he din't react, just said 'depends, do you want to fill it halfway, to the ears or what?' MEN!
Thought Hugh Dennis was trying too hard to be an 'actor' rather than a comedian that he came across as far too serious and boring. Surely most Dads would react more than he did and maybe even smile sometimes.

Anyway, couldn't watch it all, got too bored!!

kittylouise Thu 30-Aug-07 14:35:18

DD and I watched the first episode and both enjoyd it hugely - both of us loved the girl playing the daughter ("please can I have a nit for a pet?")

But it's on far too late - 10.40 - which is a shame as it is very seldom that dd and I enjoy watching the same things.

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 30-Aug-07 22:39:34

Watching tonight - anyone else just hear, 'It's a strategy. I got it from Mumnet?' grin

Nemo2007 Thu 30-Aug-07 22:40:01

pmsl just posted about this.

mylastrolo Fri 31-Aug-07 00:17:50

yes kathy my d/h and i both clocked that!! hilarious and lies in the car it's as if they were reading the post on whatever that book is "getting your kids to listen etc..." how spooky is that. It was odds farm they were at!!! funniest thing for me was the part when they were telling lies in the car and little girl says i really like Auntie Angela pmsl at that. oh and ofcourse the rabbit at the end just when they thought it couldn't get any worse. grin

BoingBoing Fri 31-Aug-07 10:05:25

I loved it too, especially the children, although as DS is only 2, I'm now debating whether to give him away before he gets much older grin. The mum's definitely a MNer. But it's an unbelievably stupid time to put it on.

themoon66 Fri 31-Aug-07 13:11:49

I quite enjoyed it. As a mum of teenagers it did bring back some lovely memories of how easy life was back then.

I'd forgotten how whiney little kids were though.... urgh.

bobsmum Fri 31-Aug-07 13:13:43

It was watchable, but wouldn't set the video for it.

It so ripped off Mumsnet though!! How many references were there??!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now