Advanced search

Silent witness

(281 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Tue 07-Jan-20 21:08:41

It’s back! Anyone else love this show?

OP’s posts: |
Italiangreyhound Wed 27-May-20 23:34:46

The last two episodes were brilliant.

I really want Harry to come back and sweep Nikki off her feet. A real love triangle with the American bloke. Maybe even a baby and no one knows who the dad is!

PatchworkElmer Fri 07-Feb-20 22:12:53

I had a feeling that they might kill Thomas off- that kite scene in the first part just seemed so out of place unless it was there deliberately to endear him further to viewers/ remind us he had a child, etc.

I thought the episode was MUCH better than the previous week’s.

Alisaslisa Fri 07-Feb-20 08:29:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheWashingFairyatemyhamster Fri 07-Feb-20 08:26:14

Oh good gravy, the ‘acting’!!! I was already sniggering at Emilia Fox laying her head on Jack’s Dad’s shoulder and generally mooning about the place, but Thomas nobly taking his hazmat suit of and alternately gasping for air/working out the answer whilst Emilia did her best Daily Mail sadfaces had me roaring.

They definitely put the shitness into Violent Shitness this time.

Should have also avoided a supporting cast with decent acting ability as the contrast was just too much.

Dennisreynoldsduster Fri 07-Feb-20 03:28:45

I think Nikki will take over the centre, a new pathologist will come in and be a love interest for Jack (even though I was convinced they were going to do a will they won’t they with Nikki and jack for a while) and then Emilia fox will go after a season or two and it will be rehashed again

Squirrelpeanutbutter Thu 06-Feb-20 22:36:43

I wish Harry would come back and take over the Lyell

^ this

CanIHaveATiaraPlease Thu 06-Feb-20 22:29:18

Gutted about that.

From a purely selfish POV I would have preferred Thomas to have survived than jack. Much more my type.

GertiMJN Thu 06-Feb-20 22:24:25

Who ever does take over needs to be prepared to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. Leo set the precedent and now Thomas!

I'd think carefully about that job grin

Violetroselily Thu 06-Feb-20 21:50:57

I wish Harry would come back and take over the Lyell

TheTruthAboutLove Thu 06-Feb-20 20:58:42

I’m quite looking forward to the inevitable happening and Nikki taking charge of the Lyell and a new enthusiastic pathologist comes in. I think it could be a great direction for the show to go in!

zizza Thu 06-Feb-20 20:22:09

I'm still laughing at all the actors trying to look like squaddies matching about the barracks

mumwon Thu 06-Feb-20 16:20:03

Jack got secondary contact so lower dose & they got to him quicker -they would have figured out that he had had a chemical contamination & while there are some general medications (atropine et al) they might be able to use to hold off symptoms (think Salisbury) re the death of pathologist - the acid in the chemical "broke" through the charcoal filter within the air intake of his suit &he was worried that other people would rush into rescue him & die as well because of this which is why he took the helmet off. The poor people in Iraq (??) who were gas dies in intense pain & fairly quickly according to dosage - most nerve gases disperse reasonably quickly (from what I have read) unless, like the one in Salisbury, they have some form of stabilizer - (disclaimer I am no expert & have probably stated several incorrect statements - its just combining the little I know with what I think was happening - am a bit of a nerd about some strange subjects)

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Thu 06-Feb-20 16:17:54

Yes, I thought she did break it with her hand and hence the nerve agent directly into her bloodstream.

SoupDragon Thu 06-Feb-20 16:15:05

I think she might have tripped and broken it with her hand. I'm not sure it could have broken before that as it seemed to be exceptionally powerful.

MilkTrayLimeBarrel Thu 06-Feb-20 16:04:29

Thank you @SoupDragon - that explains it!

@NewModelArmyMayhem18 - I think the detective saw the broken phial on the ground and somehow she tore her glove when she went to investigate and that's how she was contaminated. I suppose the phial was thrown out of the car on impact.

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Thu 06-Feb-20 15:20:13

So how come that really nice detective got poisoned and Jack to a lesser extent. He wasn't either as close to the broken bottle nor did he get any nerve agent directly into a cut as she did. Also, Jack is supposed to be very fit (result of all that time he spends in the gym and boxing), so maybe more able to withstand it. He certainly seemed able to put up a much better fight against it than anyone else.

suziesue45 Thu 06-Feb-20 15:10:34

@stumbledin No Bother - there was a lot going on smile

stumbledin Thu 06-Feb-20 15:07:37

Thanks @suziesue45!

SoupDragon Thu 06-Feb-20 14:47:40

He don't think he did die due to the nerve agent. He died of an aneurysm as the original (unseen) autopsy showed. His grandmother was worried that to had been caused a nerve agent as it looked similar so got the second autopsy which showed up the organophosphate in his system. This was also unconnected to the nerve agent. 🤔 Basically, it was one huge coincidence that lead to the nerve agent getting loose.

I'm not entirely sure it was very clear at all to be honest. That's what I understood what happened anyway. I'm not entirely sure where the nerve agent in the car came from.

The more I try to make sense of it, the more problems I have!

MilkTrayLimeBarrel Thu 06-Feb-20 14:39:10

Could someone please explain how the original soldier (John Sealy??) was killed by the nerve gas and none of the others were? How did the gas get in his mask?

suziesue45 Thu 06-Feb-20 14:36:29

@stumbledin
The nerve agent got to the crash scene as he had taken the bottle from his mother in the house (there were 2 bottles in the tin) and it must have been flung out of the car when it crashed - that's when the detective fell and landed on it breaking the glass.

stumbledin Thu 06-Feb-20 14:25:55

Can someone explain how the toxin got the crash scene. It was confirmed that the driver (father) had not died from poisoning but crash injuries.

So how come that really nice detective got poisoned and Jack to a lesser extent.

I am sorry Clarissa is leaving. She had some good lines.

Lets hope she takes Jack with her and then Emilia Fox can bring in all her cousins and they will run the lab like the blue eyed blonde demon children of some early horror film

Oh forgot, EF is now brunette. Or rather a shade of brown no hair has ever naturally been, and just so dense. No lights and darks. I'm sure that in the CK story it didn't look like a slab of dark chocolate.

This isn't a personal comment about an actresses appearance but lack of skill by the make up people. smile

Squigean Thu 06-Feb-20 10:01:06

What they killed off Thomas!!! I'm going to have to try to find a way to watch it.

Suppose Jack will take over now, so on worries.

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Thu 06-Feb-20 08:08:06

Oh that's a shame. I can't believe she's been in it since 2012.

On a much more frivolous note, I didn't like Emilia Fox with dark hair at the beginning of this season but by the end, I thought it really suited her.

MyEnormousTurnip Thu 06-Feb-20 08:02:57

Clarissa def leaving.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-51374861

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in